Business Line : CCS
Team : Nostro Reconciliation
The bank for a changing world
With strong roots anchored in Europe’s banking history dating back to 1848, BNP Paribas supports its clients and employees in today’s changing world and has positioned itself as a leading bank in the Eurozone and a prominent international banking institution. The Group serves nearly 32 million individual customers and 1 million professionals, entrepreneurs, small and medium-sized enterprises and large corporate clients in its retail-banking networks. With over 189,000 employees representing 150 nationalities across 75 countries, BNP Paribas is one of the world’s largest banks, ranking highly in both Retail Banking Services and Corporate and Institutional Banking. The Group has had a presence in India for over 150 years having established its first branch in Kolkata, in 1860. With this unparalleled experience of the Indian market, it is among the leading corporate banks in the country.
A leading global custodian and securities services provider
BNP Paribas Securities Services, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the BNP Paribas Group, is a leading global custodian and securities services provider, backed by the strength of a universal banking group. Our mission is to protect and secure assets for all actors of the investment cycle: buy-side, sell-side and issuers. A part of the Corporate and Institutional Banking business of the Group, it has USD 8,770 billion assets under custody, USD 2,074 billion assets under administration and administers over 10,000 funds. BNP Paribas Securities Services has a unique multi-local model, servicing both the buy-side (the institutional investors and the fund managers) and sell-side (the broker-dealers community and the banks) providing a global coverage of over 100 markets through 9,500 employees worldwide across 34 countries.
About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific (www.apac.bnpparibas)
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
Global Securities Operations
One of the three international operations centres, BNP Paribas Global Securities Operations (GSO) provides services to global clients in the Asian region and some “follow-the-sun” activities for European clients. Wholly owned by BNP Paribas Securities Services, the GSO centre offers a wide range of services which include custody operations, fund accounting, middle-office operations, static data management, clearing and settlement operations and other transversal services.
Job Description – APAC
Note to Hiring Manager:
In support of BNP Paribas APAC's Diversity Commitment, Hiring Managers are to consider at least 1 Asia Pacific national, 1 male and 1 female candidate for the position to be filled.
Associate Level 1 or Senior Associate
GSO Nostro Reconciliation
Business Line / Function:
GSO Nostro Reconciliation
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Provide a brief description of the overall purpose of the position, why this position exists and how it will contribute in achieving the team’s goal.
As per the Budget for 2019, we are converting Vendor Staff (Nidhi SUDHIR PUNDHI) as permanent.
- Understand and get trained in all the tasks/activities in the process.
- Perform the daily Nostros, Internal accounts reconciliation.
- Ensure all the transactions are performed within the agreed timelines without errors and mistakes.
- Prioritize the work and conduct investigation with due diligence on all the discrepancies.
- Identifying exceptions and out of balance situations, and liaised with internal departments as required, to reach resolution in a timely manner.
- Taking corrective measures/action in consultation with the Team Lead /Assistant Manager.
- Escalate unresolved open items to the Team Lead /Assistant Manager.
- Should be prepared to travel if there is any requirement.
- Maintain Communication Channels with internal peer groups.
- Participate in Cross Training and ensure the Knowledge transfer between the team and processes is happening on periodic basis.
- Participate in Brain Storming Sessions and share the best practices and ideas with the peer groups and team members.
- Consistently evaluate and update documented procedures to ensure they are complete, accurate and current.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Strong verbal and written English Communication Skills is required.
- Should possess strong analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Should be committed and have the ability to prioritize the work and work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications and strong MS-Word & Excel skills required.
- Must be flexible and be prepared to work in any shift supporting Asia/Americas/European business hours based on business requirement.
Graduation / Post Graduation with specialization in Commerce or Finance.