About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Business line/Function :
Wealth Management - Client Management Operations in ISPL started in 2019, provide back office services for BNP WM Singapore and Hong Kong. Processes include Client Reference Data and Reporting (since September 2019)
Associate Level 1
Corresponds to Level 1 Inputter / maker
Client Mangement Operations
BNP Paribas India Solutions Private Limited (ISPL),Mumbai
Business Line / Function:
Head Client On-Boarding Data Maintenance / Support Team
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Client On-Boarding team’s goal, is to ensure a global and consistent “first service” is rendered to the clients. Ensure practices are adhered to bank’s standard procedures and guidelines with an emphasis in the area of compliance. Keeping abreast with the changes in regulations (site, regional, global, HO), assess its impact.
· Work closely with internal customers to provide support to on-boarding of clients to the Bank.
· Maintain sound work processes and integrity of client data.
· Maintain workflows in accordance with site specific (SG/HK) requirements and ensure they are understood.
· Controls are in place with regards to safe custody of account documentation, potential operations risks associated with user’s requests to access database of sensitive client data, signatures and document images.
· Administer request from internal regulators, internal stakeholders with respect to audit review.
· Provide feedback and escalate issues to the appropriate functions and management.
· Understand the principles and be familiar with Client databases’ requirements individuals/Corporates/Holding Companies/Trust Accounts.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
· Ensure Integrity of Creation and Maintenance of Client Data and meeting SLA & KPI.
· Manage processes of closure of accounts.
· Link clients to banking service tools (eg Direct access to advisory desks,dormant,deceased accounts, Blocking / Unblocking of accounts , etc) as requested as part of support handling.
· Ensure all clients documents/files are stored securely whether electronically, through Image scanning or in paper format.
· Support internal customers’ queries related to clients’ data/profiles to facilitate processes.
· Prepare regular reports for Management review (daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly/periodic statistics)
· Ensure timely processing of static data inputs request.
· Appropriate and confidential handling of client data and information.
· Provide Regional Support following SG and HK time and public holidays.
· Work within a team – with an adaptable flexible approach, coordinate with team members and internal customers to resolve complex cases and address issues in a timely manner.
· Be open to change and support the vision of working in a fully transversal operation.
· Ability to share information and eventually train new team members.
· Abide with operational risk procedures and escalate incidents to Management where necessary.
· Contribute to the implementation and controls for daily processes and assist with the update of procedures.
· Report and escalate concerns / issues to Manager when required.
· Liaise regularly with the following internal groups to ensure a smooth support process: WM COB SG/HK , Compliance, Legal , FO team, Client on-boarding and due diligence team in Singapore / Hong Kong or other support team within WMHK/WMSG that have any involvement in the Client On-boarding process.
· Good communication & Interpersonal skills. Fluent in English (spoken and written)
· Basic PC skills and MS office knowledge
· Demonstrate good analytical skills.
· Ability to work under pressure and exhibit problem solving skills
· Team player, Independent, positive attitude and attention to details.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
· Fresher or Maximum 1-1.5 years of relevant working experience.
· Bachelor’s level degree or professional qualification.
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Attention to detail / rigor
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)