About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas Group is a leading European bank with a strong global footprint across 72 markets and more than 202,000 employees. The Group provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Business line/Function :
As part of the RISK function, the mission of RISK Global Markets (RISK GM) is to provide Senior Management of the Group, of the Operating Divisions, and of the RISK Function with full transparency and dynamic analysis of the risks and clients managed by Global Market.
RISK GM is responsible for monitoring and analyzing all market, liquidity and counterparty risks on the trading book. Furthermore, they contribute to the approval of transactions from market and counterparty risk perspectives and are responsible for the review of valuations and reserves.
Market Risk Analyst
RISK Global Markets
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The mission of RISK Global Markets (“RISK GM”) is to provide Senior Management of the Group, of the RISK Function and of Global Markets (“GM”) with full transparency and dynamic analysis with respect to the market, counterparty, valuation and liquidity risks originated and managed by CIB GM, in order to assist them in their risk decision making. Since late 2020, the department has been organised with distinct streams dedicated to risk analysis, models & methodologies and services. The mission of RISK GM Services is to provide high quality input to RISK GM analysts and Management, support them in monitoring and anticipating risks related to Global Markets activities, provide them with tools to achieve their mission and lead or contribute to projects on behalf of RISK GM. Within this stream, RISK GM Metrics acts as a centre of expertise covering market, counterparty and liquidity risks metrics, contributing to the analysis and anticipation of Global Markets risks. The organization is articulated around two main “pillars” on market and counterparty risks, while offering team members the opportunity to work transversally across topics
This specific role is located within the RISK GM Metrics APAC (Mumbai) team and is primarily focussed on contribution to transversal and automation tasks. This role will partner with other teams within RISK GM to facilitate automation of existing manual processes, setting up of new report, monitoring improvements.
The successful candidate will join the team with key objectives of improving overall team contribution with automation and to provide a high quality of risk monitoring and reporting controls.
- Daily and weekly monitoring and reporting of market risk and counterparty risk limits and positions reports.
- Daily analysis of risks variation for each business activity in order to detect any risk Data quality issue
- Take ownership of production tasks as delegated by RISK GM APAC teams
- Drive process improvement, task automation initiatives that enhance the efficiency of the production process.
- Industrialize and streamline all delegated production tasks in an effort to increase our efficiency and achieve synergies across GBL and regions through automation and innovation.
- Leverage on risk and technical expertise to increase the information value of the content with actionable insights for team as well as management
- Follow strictly the Risk GM procedures defined globally
- Maintain a close working relationship with regional Risk GM teams.
- Maintain a good relationship through clear a precise communication with GM trading while producing daily limit reports
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of market, liquidity and counterparty risks.
- Develop closer interaction with RCA team and look for new way to work together to transform our production operating model.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Curious and eager to learn
- Analytical and Problem solving capacity.
- Taking initiative and self-motivated
- Ability to adapt
- Act with integrity
- Ability to manage change and complexity with confidence
- Strong team player
- Proficiency in coding using Python, R
- Should be able to handle automation projects independently
- Proficiency in using Microsoft office tools / VB language for MS Applications,
- Some knowledge of banking, Capital markets, Derivatives products and market risks
- Good analytical skills
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Communication skills - oral & written
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to manage a project
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to inspire others & generate people's commitment
Choose an item.
Master Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)