About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Business line/Function :
The Global Markets Function at BNP Paribas facilitates Securities Services for Corporate and Institutional Clients. We provide Sales, Trading, Research and Strategy, FX Prime Brokerage, Local Markets coverage and Electronic Trading to a plethora of clients across the Americas, Asia Pacific and EMEA regions. We offer a global and cross-asset platform for securities financing through repo or prime services, for both listed and OTC clearing services and for execution of listed derivatives. We also provide our investors with access to commodities through various investment strategies and structured solutions.
Job Title: Associate Date:
Department: GM Operations Location: Mumbai
Business Line / Function: Market Operations Reports to:
(if applicable) (Functional)
Number of Direct Reports: NA Directorship / Registration: NA
The role involves the associate to review and action Pre & Post Trade, validation, Settlement liaise with RMs, traders, Finance & Control and colleagues of other support units to provide quality of service to ensure that all trades are settled in time. Candidate will also be involved in reviewing the entire process, mitigating the risk element, identifying possibilities of automation that would benefit the team and organization as a whole.
Candidate will also be involved in all reporting’s, Internal external Audits, liaise with various governance and regulatory inside and outside organization ensuring 100% adherence towards the organizational goals and values.
• Direct contribution to BNPP operational permanent control framework.
• Liaise with RMs, traders, Finance & Control and colleagues of other support units to provide high quality of service to customers.
• Handle inquiries from both internal and external customers.
• Main responsible for the clearing processing of fixed income & Derivatives
• Perform physical input / check on manual vouchers, mail confirmation / advice, deal tickets, dealing support documents and any other paper-works prepared by team members or interfaced from other computer systems.
• Perform periodic reconciliation among the clearing house and internal systems records in Front-office, Back-office.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Bachelor or Master Degree on Banking & Finance / Economics / Mathematics
• 1+ yrs. banking operational experiences
• Knowledge on Microsoft Excel / Words;
• With supervisory skills and good sense of policy and regulatory control
• Problem solving skills
• Strong organization skills and rigorous
• Good communication skills and strong client focus
• Ability to grasp knowledge and demonstrates good application skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to own tasks with limited supervision
• Fluent oral and written communication.
• Good comprehension, presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Analytical approach towards problem solving.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Communication skills - oral & written
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Attention to detail / rigor
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Choose an item.
Education Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (B.Com graduates preferred)
Experience Level At least 1 year
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)