Associate Level 1 - Middle Office Operations
Job Description – APAC
Associate / Associate Level 1
Business Line / Function:
Business Implementation – APAC Transitions
Assistant Manager / Manager
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Associate joining the team should be valuable in facilitating Corporate Action event information from Custodian to Investment Manager/Client and facilitate client elections. Also we do record keeping activities to mitigate the risk that impacts fund valuation on back of a Corporate action event.
- Acquire complete understanding on projects like Hiport Set Ups, Basic Portfolio Restructures, Closures, Asset and cash postings
- Acquire understanding of Fund Services, Custody & its related functions with various parties involved. For example: Pricing, Corporate Actions, Coupons, Alert support, and Tradeflow setup etc.
- Should closely work with project managers and ensure timely completion of the respective fund setups, termination and transition projects.
- Should ensure all the Middle office setups for the new funds are performed within the stipulated time
- Should ensure all the cash / stock movement are completed within the stipulated cut offs to ensure the reporting’s received by the client reflect the exact positions that is requested
- Should ensure all pre-live sign off for new funds are provided to the client in a timely manner.
- Analyst should ensure that all the activities as per the checklist are completed and documented for audit requirement.
- Be proactive in resolving queries and escalate immediately to the supervisor on any issues/queries/escalations.
- Carry out other ad-hoc duties which may arise from time to time as per the requirement of internal or external clients
- Ensure the termination of funds is completed in a timely manner to avoid the client being billed for funds which they would like to close down.
- For new market account openings in custody please ensure the forms are duly filled and sent to the custody market opening team which is in turn submitted to the custodian of the requested markets
- Mail box Management
- Ensure every assigned mail is actioned within the expected timeframe with accurate and completely details
- Escalate when unable to action an email within the stipulated time frame.
- Ensure the email conversation meets the standard email etiquettes and is well articulated.
- Hiport setup /Closures / Transitions
- Ensure the checklist and timeline is followed to perform the transition
- Ensure four eye validation is submitted only to the Senior’s / TL’s for the activity
- Monitor and update Intellimatch commentary for any breaks related to Transitions or Terminations performed
- Highlight any escalation / issues / concerns immediately to the senior’s / TL’s
- Ensure to update the Timetable for every activity that has been undertaken for the month as this data needs to be shared with the clients
- Chase internal teams / External custodian regularly for updates/ sign off’s on the open items
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Basic understanding of Capital market, Financial Instruments, Investment banking processes and accounting.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Strong analytical skills, detail orientation, service commitment, solid organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment, prioritizes multiple tasks and meets strict deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications and strong MS Excel skills required.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Complete commitment to provide professional, intelligent and timely responses to our clients’ needs and to changes in the market.
Oral: Expressing ideas effectively in individual and group situations. Adjusting communication style to match the needs of the audience.
Written: Expressing ideas clearly in all written documents. Using professional, appropriate language at all times, and adhering to the use of the BNPP Email Protocols.
Work effectively with team members to accomplish goals, Respect the needs of others and displays integrity in dealing with team members.
Continuous Improvement and adaptation
Generate creative solutions to problems, Ability to plan work ahead and to prioritize workload in an organized manner. Always looks for ways to improve services and processes.
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Communication skills - oral & written
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)