Associate - Investigations and Control- ARPC Chennai
Job Description - APAC
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas Group is a leading European bank with a strong global footprint across 72 markets and more than 202,000 employees. The Group provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Business line/Function :
ARPC is catering to different Asian regions to process remittance transactions/Loans Processing/ Cheque Clearing and Cheque Collections for various clients. India remittance team is handling back office processing on behalf of 8 branches across 2 sites Mumbai & Chennai.
Associate INVESTIGATION AND CONTROL-CHENNAI
Asia Regional Processing Centre
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
To ensure processing of Remittances/Investigation cases for BNPP-Asia WITH THE OBJECTIVE to facilitate smooth functioning of operations while meeting the Operations Objectives of BNPPISPL for all the sites handled.
1. Operations MANAGEMENT: Ensure error free processing of remittances/investigation cases for APAC sites and ensure that processing is as per the prescribed service delivery standards and the SLA with the sites.
2. OPERATIONS RISK MANAGEMENT: Perform regular reconciliation and maintain control over outstanding and unreconciled entries. Update control plans and perform controls to mitigate risk related areas in operations.
3. COMPLIANCE: Ensure adherence to internal guidelines, compliance, legal and regulatory aspects. Screening of customer transactions
1.OPC: Contribute to the Operations Permanent Control framework
2. CUSTOMER SERVICE: Processing as per client specific requirements. Assist in resolving customer queries.
3. INFORMATION MANAGEMENT: Preparation and submission of MIS and reports to management as and when required.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
· Knowledge on various remittances products.
· Knowledge on various Cross Border Payment Products.
· Knowledge of Banking Law and Practice
· Internal Accounting Systems and Packages
· Familiarity with computer applications, MS-Office, Business Objects etc.
· Familiarity with Banking Back Office Operations, Processes and Systems.
· Knowledge on various regulations connected with Banking Operations
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
· Good Communication Skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Orientation towards Service Quality
· Ability to work independently
· Team work
Specific Qualifications (if required)
1+ years, Bachelor degree or equivalent.
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Attention to detail / rigor
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to inspire others & generate people's commitment
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to set up relevant performance indicators
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 1 year
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
Bcom / Any other graduate