Associate FXMM and Derivatives Settlements
About BNP Paribas Group:
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, it provides clients with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs, and continues to develop its franchise in the region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Business line/Function:
Global Market Operations (GMO) covers Front Office activities such as ALM/Treasury and Fixed Income local booking. GMO consists of various streams, Control and Investigations, Settlement, Collateral and Reconciliation. GMO teams are also in regular contact with Capital Market Middle Office, Regional Back Office’s and Regional Finance.
Associate FXMM and Derivatives Settlement
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
New process migration.
Direct contribution to BNPP operational permanent control framework.
Liaise with RMs, traders, Finance & Control and colleagues of other support units to provide high quality of service to customers.
Handle inquiries from both internal and external customers.
Main responsible the settlement processing of equities, fixed income, money markets & Derivatives
Perform physical input / check on manual vouchers, mail confirmation / advice, deal tickets, dealing support documents and any other paper-works prepared by team members or interfaced from other computer systems.
Perform periodic reconciliation among the records in Front-office, Back-office and ATLAS2.
Provide immediate support to the sub-ordinates under his/her supervision (if any).
Ensure proper filing system is in place.
Act as back-up to other Officer level staffs among the team.
Assist Sub team manager to clear up Order A/C, Suspense A/C and any other irregular items.
Assist Sub team manager to provide on-the-job training to junior staff.
Assist Sub team manager to solve operational problems and ensure smooth running and adequate backup in the section.
• Contribute to the implementation of operational permanent control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities, such as Control Plan.
• Comply with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines.
• Contribute to the reporting of all incidents according to the Incident Management System.
• Minimizing operational failure, including but not exclusively, the risk of fraud, by helping to devise, and by implementing, sufficient regular controls.
• Ensuring appropriate escalation to management and/or Permanent Control (or Compliance as appropriate) as soon as an issue is identified and/or Permanent Control (or Compliance as appropriate) as soon as an issue is identified
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Perform input / modification / verification / validation in various application systems such as ATLAS2, OMR, SWIFT Alliance, etc.
• Maintain necessary data files in Microsoft EXCEL / WORD or through data extraction from Business Object, StorQM Plus, etc.
• Perform the required apature verification (if any) in SignView / SignPlus.
• Regularly control the incoming scanned documents are timely received from Satellites via E-Archival.
• Assist Sub team manager to conduct system testing / acceptance, Projects Implementation and team management.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
• Main responsible the processing of Bonds, Paper and CD, IRS, OIS, CCS, FRA and various structural products of Asian Regional Sites
• Providing Agency Functions for Asian Regional Sites
• Regularly preparing Balance of Payment report, discrepancy reports, statistics reports and custodian fee in regarding to Asian Regional Sites
• Monitoring account balance of Asian Regional Sites to ensure all transactions are correctly and accurately posted into Back Office Systems
• Checking accounting vouchers for Asian Regional Sites
• Pay up monthly and quarterly custodian fee for Asian Regional Sites
• Conducting various testing and migration for all sites area
• Prior experience in settlements activity would be an added advantage.
• B.com graduate in Finance and Economics or related discipline With practice, knowledge, theories and concepts of all aspects of capital and money market products (For example, Bonds, Repo, Derivatives and structural products, etc.)
• Familiar on Cash & Securities Clearing Systems. For example, MBT/CMT, CreationOnLine, HSBC Net and Swift Alliance.
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Choose an item.
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)