Associate - Fund Accounting
We are looking for an ambitious fresh mind to provide support to the fund accounting department by managing daily NAV calculation and support function tasks. You will be part of a team of professionals working to maintain accounting books of Mutual funds.
- Acquire complete understanding of NAV Calculation & its related functions with various parties involved. For example: Custody, TA, Pricing, Corporate Actions, etc.
- Become a SME (Subject Matter Expert) of the process by acquiring complete knowledge of NAV Calculation Processing & Review across all funds & instruments types.
- Ensure all reconciliation breaks in TA, Cash & Stock are validated and justified for each calculated NAV.
- Ensure NAV calculations are produced in a timely manner as per SLA. Completeness of NAV packs includes accurate report generation, timely delivery of reports, scanning & archiving.
- Adhere to Quality SLA of 98% & above while processing NAVs.
- Be proactive in resolving queries and escalate immediately to the supervisor on any issues/queries/escalations.
- Participate in preparation of Key/Standard Operating Procedures for each process migrated to Chennai.
- Consistently evaluate the documented procedures to ensure they are complete, accurate and up to date.
- Carry out other ad-hoc duties may arise from time to time, mainly on month ends & year ends.
- Monitor the respective group mail box and respond quickly to the queries.
- Adhere to timeliness and quality as stated in SLA.
- Ensure there is NO Financial impact/loss to the organization.
- Ensure ISAE 3402 checks are understood and followed. 100% compliance is must for all NAV packs.
- Act as a back-up in the absence of other team members.
- Ensure to minimize the unplanned leaves, especially during business critical days, like month end, rollover days and migration of new funds.
- Should come up with minimum one process improvement/automation initiative per quarter.
- To share the process/product knowledge with fellow team members.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Ability to communicate to others in a clear, articulate fashion.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good listening and questioning ability.
- Be able to express ideas effectively in individual and group situations
- Ability to plan work ahead and to prioritize workload.
- Ability to work in an organized manner.
- Must have an attention to detail
- Generate creative solutions to problems.
- Always looks for ways to improve services and processes.
- Be able to adapt to markets and clients evolution.
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Ability to inspire others & generate people's commitment
Bachelor Degree or equivalent