The post is within the UK Research Department, reporting to the Head of Research and working directly with both Industrial and Retail teams on a day-to-day basis in order to achieve their business strategy. These teams provide occupational and investment advice to a wide range of clients, working closely with the lease advisory, valuation and research teams.
Two of the growth areas of the firm are supported by this role; the expansion of our industrial footprint across a wider UK geography and evolving our localised retail-repurposing offer through placemaking and our holistic assessment of alternative uses. This post is critical as we cannot succeed in achieving our business plan without the support of high quality research.
The individual would bring:
- Extensive and immediate understanding of the market changes in at least one sector
- Minimum of five years of experience of data delivery and project work that will enable both quick wins and long term brand positioning
- An ability to spot trends in the market and see how the business can exploit them
- An ability to produce relevant content enabling high quality and engaging output
- A self-starter who although will work collaboratively, is able to undertake and deliver with autonomy
- A recognised industry track record and media profile who can immediately raise media and social profile
- A back catalogue of conference speaking and client engagement
- Immediate engagement with clients to support the growth of the industrial team
- Training and experience in statistical analysis and drawing conclusions from data
- A clear writing style and the ability to take the complex and express it in simple terms without losing the central message
- A sound knowledge of data sources, occupational and investment transactions and the wider property market
- Understanding and reporting on the dynamics of the relevant markets
- Delivering a mix of standard quarterly market reports for both the UK and providing data and opinion to our Pan-European team in Paris
- Partnering with the business teams and the head of research to develop and deliver a programme of innovative topical research on three to four ideas per annum
- Balance short term ‘response’ comment on market signals such as regulation, alongside longer term thought content on structural change
- Work alongside research colleagues to identify and deliver cross sector research ideas
- Be cognisant of ESG aspects of real estate and how that impacts industrial and retail
- Build networks throughout the BNP Paribas group and partner where appropriate to bring in the group’s wider skill set
- Working with the respective business lines to build on our well established reputation for high quality research
- Presentations in the company of other members of the team to clients, individually, at seminars or at pitches
- Providing support to our transactional teams through the provision of market information and insight to assist in delivering fee income
- Working with our data to maintain and develop our databases
- As an experienced individual within a small team support the Head of Research in ensuring a collegiate team ethos, meeting the compliance requirements of the BNP Paribas Group.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS Inclusive Employer status and membership to Stonewalls Diversity Champion Programme.