Associate Corporate Security Investigation Analyst
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
We are currently seeking qualified talent to be responsible for assisting various team members with the following: research and analysis of information; investigation matters that have either criminal and/or civil repercussions to the Bank; and provides assistance to various BOW personnel, law enforcement, and customers. Responsible for performing basic investigations related to potential losses and/or suspected criminal activity.
- Analyzes fraud and includes necessary verification and processing of affidavits and external incidents of fraud. Identifies and verifies accounts that present a risk to BOW.
- Reviews account information (including history) reported from various business lines to determine whether information is legitimate or fraudulent.
- Reviews issues and problems for internal and external customers; works with law enforcement for requests of information on potential fraud situations.
- Prioritizes tasks to ensure deadlines and other impacts are resolved and minimized.
- Assists investigations staff with special projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires broad theoretical job knowledge typically obtained through advanced education.
- Requires less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Analytical and research skills.
- Planning and organizing skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.