North America Coverage is responsible for cross-selling an array of the firm's services across strategically targeted corporate clients in various business sectors. The Energy & Natural Resources coverage group manages a number of clients ranging from Utilities to firms engaged in the production, processing, storage, transportation, marketing, trading and distribution of a wide range of commodities (oil, natural gas, soft commodities). The Credit Management team supports the bankers to ensure all counterparty risk issues for the client base are addressed.
• Monitor the credit quality of a portfolio of assigned client names in the Power space. This includes periodic review of borrower financial statements, press releases, news articles, industry information, rating reports, peer analysis, etc.
• Prepare credit proposals for assigned portfolio to be included in annual reviews, facility renewals, amendments, waivers, watch list reports, refinancing, and underwritings of new clients.
• Coordinate the credit process with the relevant coverage, product and risk teams to ensure an efficient turnaround of transactions.
• Create and maintain client exposure and internal risk ratings using bank rating methodologies.
• Participate in client calls (including bank meetings) as needed for due diligence on assigned client names.
• Maintain reporting related to portfolio including deal flow, exposure tracking, and other general reports.
• Interact with internal and external auditors during loan examinations.
• Interact with other bank branches to coordinate information on group or contributor strategies.
• Strong interaction with Risk Corporate, Coverage (Relationship Management) and Product Teams (FX, Derivatives, DCM, Syndications, Project Finance..etc)
Minimum Required Qualifications
• Understanding of the energy sector and general banking practices.
• Strong Excel skills, financial analysis – including projection modeling
• Ability to multi-task in order to meet multiple deadlines; ability to work under quick turnaround times as needed in live deal transactions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or other similar.
• Minimum of 2-3 years prior experience in a corporate banking environment (or equivalent).
• Good verbal and written communication skills; professionalism in dealing with Senior Bankers (Director and above) on a daily basis.
• Self-Starter with ability to take initiative when working alone or with peers.
• Previous experience projection modeling of companies in the Independent Power Producers (IPPs) space
• Formal credit training a plus.
• 4+ years of experience in CIB and/or actively covering the Power/Utilities space today as credit analyst
• Progress towards CFA (Level 1…)
FINRA Registrations Required:
Series 79 and Series 63 (may be obtained on the job - within 60 days of start date)
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.