Associate- Corporate Credit Management (Chicago Location)
Corporate Coverage is the foundation on which the BNP Paribas North America corporate relationship franchise is built. It focuses on developing and managing global long-term relationships with large and specialized corporates throughout the United States. Corporate Coverage is a sector based coverage organization that has the ability to leverage both regional presence & specific sector expertise.
This approach enables Relationship Managers to provide the most streamlined coverage service to their clients while advising them on a product-neutral basis. Corporate Coverage has the ability to deliver the highest quality multi-product business solutions. The product platform offered in North America includes traditional lending, fully leveraged financings, and the full spectrum of debt, equity and risk management products. Corporate Coverage's marketing approach not only offers tailored-made solutions to the specific needs of our clients, but also draws from the depth of our global product offerings and access to the Bank's extensive international network.
Portfolio consists predominantly of Chemicals, Healthcare, Consumer Products and Transportation clients
Responsible for the credit management of assigned corporate client relationships. Additional responsibilities include:
• Manage and monitor the credit quality of a portfolio of assigned High Yield and Investment Grade corporate clients including periodic review of borrower financial statements, covenant compliance reports, press releases and news articles, rating agency and equity analyst reports, industry trends, etc. Evaluate clients/transactions for risk-related changes.
• Perform credit analysis and prepare credit memoranda for assigned accounts including new transactions, annual reviews, renewals, amendments, waiver requests and financial updates.
• Strong interaction with the Risk department, Coverage and Product teams including coordinating the credit process amongst the various product and risk teams to ensure an efficient turnaround of transactions.
• Maintain reporting related to the portfolio including pipeline tracking, exposure tracking, watchlist and other general reports.
• Interact with internal and external auditors during loan examinations.
• Interact with other bank branches to coordinate on client strategy.
• Attend bank meetings and/or client calls with the Relationship Manager.
• Assist in the mentoring of Credit Analysts, Interns, and VIEs
Minimum Required Qualifications
• Degree in Finance or Accounting
• Minimum of 3-5 years prior experience in a corporate banking environment including experience with leveraged transactions
• Projection modeling skills
• Formal credit training
FINRA Licenses Required: