Associate - Banking Service Operations - Local Settlement
Job Description –Senior Associate (Local Settlements)
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
role of a Senior Associate in the Local Settlements team requires the person
to facilitate settlement of Client trades in the relevant Settlement Centre.
The role has a weightage attached to it as the person will have to possess
good knowledge of the Trade life cycle & the Clearing and Settlement
activity. The person forms the core of the team by performing critical
activities that aid in trade settlement. This role gives the opportunity to
learn about different markets, the products offered and the nature of
settlement. This position serves as a base to master the Clearing &
· Capturing of client instructions into Settlement system without any error.
· Keeping clients posted on the latest status of their trades with BNP.
· Placing the client’s trades into respective markets to enhance the settlements.
· Liaising with the counterparties and various other internal and external stakeholders to enhance the process of settlement.
· Settled positions need to be accounted properly in the client accounts and appropriate reconciliation need to done.
· Cash and positions control checks should be always kept as top priority.
· Calculation of client margins and posting of the same need to be adhered.
· Support the team and other team members in participating in cross training and providing support and coverage during busy periods.
BDO & Smart Access:
· Route the client instructions into the respective markets.
· Make sure there in no block in the system in sending the trades to the local custody system.
· Reconcile all the cash and stock positions with Xylos to DEPO accounts.
· Trade and Instruction management.
· Idea generation that will enable to simplify the process.
· Contribute to update the procedures in line with the current process.
· Should understand the process map and gain knowledge about the pre and post settlement activities.
· Active participation in any testing activity for the process enhancement.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
· Strong Analytical skills.
· Multi-tasking capability.
· MS Office skills (Excel).
· Interpersonal skills.
· Time management.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
· Graduates / Post Graduates (B.Com/MBA Finance preferred).
· Candidates should be willing and flexible to work in any shifts.
· Relevant work experience in the Trade settlements / Custody activity.
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Communication skills - oral & written
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Master Degree or equivalent
At least 1 year
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)