Associate / Associate Level 1 - Market Risk
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas Group is a leading European bank with a strong global footprint across 72 markets and more than 202,000 employees. The Group provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnership
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Businessline/Function :
Market Risk Reporting (GM – MRR) Production is into daily and Weekly market risk limits and position reports. Regular analysis of risk positions for each business activity. Develop closer interaction with Risk Systems teams to improve production-operating model. Industrialize and streamline all delegated production tasks in an effort to increase our efficiency
Associate / Associate Level 1 – Market Risk
18th October, 2019
RISK Global Markets
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
As part of the RISK function, the mission of RISK Global Markets (RISK GM) is to provide Senior Management of the Group, of the Operating Divisions, and of the RISK Function with full transparency and dynamic analysis of the risks and clients managed by Global Market.
RISK GM is responsible for monitoring and analyzing all market, liquidity and counterparty risks on the trading book. Furthermore, they contribute to the approval of transactions from market and counterparty risk perspectives and are responsible for the review of valuations and reserves.
The successful candidate will join a team of market risk analyst located in Mumbai and mainly in charge of centralizing and streamlining risk production tasks for Risk GM across APAC. This team will be hierarchically attached to the RISK GM South Asia team, and report to the head of RISK GM Production APAC
· Daily and weekly production of market risk limits and positions reports.
· Daily analysis of risks variation for each business activity in order to detect any risk quality issue
· Take ownership of production tasks as delegated by Risk GM APAC teams
· Industrialize and streamline all delegated production tasks in an effort to increase our efficiency and achieve synergies across GBL and regions through automation and innovation.
· Follow strictly the Risk GM procedures defined globally
· Maintain a close working relationship with regional Risk GM teams.
· Maintain a good relationship through clear a precise communication with GM trading while producing daily limit reports
· Develop and maintain a good understanding of market, liquidity and counterparty risks.
· Develop closer interaction with RCA team and look for new way to work together to transform our production operating model.
List of Stakeholders:
- RISK GM Teams
- Global Market trading and business management
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
· Some knowledge of banking, Capital markets, Derivatives products and market risks
· Good analytical skills
· Proficiency in using Microsoft office tools / VB language for MS Applications, as well as coding in general (Python, R...)
· Curious and eager to learn
· Analytical and Problem solving capacity.
· Taking initiative and self-motivated
· Ability to adapt
· Act with integrity
· Ability to manage change and complexity with confidence
· Strong team player
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to share / pass on knowledge
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to manage a project
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Master Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)