Associate/Associate L1 - KYC - APAC
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas Group is a leading European bank with a strong global footprint across 72 markets and more than 202,000 employees. The Group provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships”.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Business line/Function :
The KYC Due Diligence team in ISPL is responsible for the Preparation of files due for periodic reviews (Recertification) for existing customers and (Onboarding) for new clients of BNP Paribas across multiple countries across APAC, EMEA and America.
KYC Recertification Preparation Officer
11th July 2019
Client Management Operations (CLM Ops) / KYC Due Diligence Team
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
KYC Due Diligence team in ISPL is responsible for the Preparation of files
due for periodic reviews (Recertification) for existing customers and
(Onboarding) for new clients of BNP Paribas across multiple countries across
APAC, EMEA and America. It is extended team working with onshore counterpart
to support completion of KYC on all existing and new clients of BNP Paribas.
- Perform the required KYC screenings on customers documenting the information obtained on the clients as required by global KYC procedure.
- Leads the team by example and ensures that the team is guided to achieve the stakeholder expectation.
- Obtain mandatory documents and reports as per KYC requirements
- Perform necessary checks to identify politically exposed persons, sanctioned, Adverse Information on individuals and entities and mitigate risks associated with financial crimes.
- Implement additional steps, validating KYC risk compliance bases on research of customer records
- Constant and regular review of processes and areas to be in line with the new developments and gain efficiency.
- Ensure data and documents are entered (scanned and archived) into systems properly
- Ensure the files pass all quality and control reviews. Escalate concerns / issues as needed as company guidelines and local requirements.
- Communicate within the team, Compliance, the business and IT.
- Contribute to the implementation of Permanent Control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities
- Ensure all requests received are assigned within the team and drives the team to achieve the expectation set by onshore
- Active participation in regular review of operational procedural changes /requirements during processing functions / staff meetings
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
1.1 Good communication skills is a pre-requisite
1.2 Accuracy and rigor
1.3 Team player
1.4 Fluent in English; Knowledge of French or a foreign language would be a plus
1.5 Adaptable flexible approach to the working environment
1.6 Ability to work on
multiple IT systems
1.7 IT literate and familiar with Microsoft Office (Excel to macro level), PowerPoint
Specific Qualifications (if required)
2.1 University Graduate
2.4 Sound knowledge of the on-boarding/ KYC recertification process
2.5 Knowledge of the global and local regulations related to banking and financial services.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years