In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
ALM Treasury dealer to manage BNP Paribas Malaysia Berhad and BNP Paribas Labuan's (the Bank's) assets and liabilities in terms of liquidity risk, interest rate risk and foreign exchange risk.
1. To invest the Bank's surplus capital according to ALCO decision.
2. To implement and manage a fair and transparent Funds Transfer Pricing policy in the Bank.
3. To comply with regulatory requirement to ensure compliance with all regulations as imposed by Bank Negara Malaysia and any other regulatory like the Statutory Reserve Requirement and Liquidity Coverage Ratio.
4. To maximise profits from Banking activities while staying within the Bank's risk appetite and adhering to the limits as set by the Bank and any other regulatory authority.
5. To ensure the Bank's Nostro balances are adequate and the returns on the balances are optimised.
6. To adhere to the Bank's policies, procedures including risk limits.
7. To assist in localizing BNP Paribas group's policies and procedures to cater for local regulations and requirements. Thereafter, these policies and procedures have to be updated and revised from time to time to reflect any changes and improvements.
Competencies (Technical/ Behavioral)
1. Drive for Results - Delivers high quality work and ensures decisions are implemented timely and efficiently.
2. Risk Awareness - Demonstrates a good awareness of risk and fundamental risk concepts.
3. Corporate role model, integrity & ethics - Acts with discipline and high ethical standards placing the interests of the Bank ahead of personal agenda.
4. Team Player - Works effectively in a team environment, collaborating and sharing information and solutions with colleagues, with other teams and stakeholders.
5. Market, Products & Business - Interested in financial markets and continually learning and staying abreast of new developments. Is able to evidence a good appreciation of economics and market dynamics, with enough understanding to present views on market conditions and trends.
6. Business Risks - Understands the market, credit, operational, compliance, legal and reputational risks of his/her activity.
Specific Qualifications Required
To obtain the Persatuan Pasaran Kewangan Malaysia's dealer license.