Associate level I
With a presence in over 80 countries and employing over 200,000 staff, BNP Paribas is one of the biggest banks in the world, ranking highly in its three core business areas: Retail Banking, Corporate and Investment Banking and Investment Solutions.
BNP Paribas Securities Services
A wholly-owned subsidiary of the BNP Paribas Group, BNP Paribas Securities Services is a leading global custodian and securities services provider backed by the strength of a universal bank (rated AA- by Standard and Poor’s). It has USD 5,800 billion assets under custody, USD 1,000 billion assets under administration and administers close to 7000 funds. BNP Paribas Securities Services (Securities Services) has a unique multi-local model, servicing both the buy-side (the institutional investors and the fund managers) and sell-side (the broker-dealers community and the banks) with 7,700 employees worldwide representing 92 nationalities, a local presence across 34 countries, 22 proprietary local custody and clearing branches and global coverage of over 100 markets.
Securities Services Chennai HubOne of the three international operations centers, BNP Paribas Sundaram Global Securities Operations (GSO) provides services to global clients in the Asian region and some “follow-the-sun” activities for European clients. Our services include custody operations, fund accounting, middle office operations, static data management, IRP and other transversal services.
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Independent delivery of accurate and timely NAVs for hedge funds.
- Cash and position reconciliation (accounting vs PB and 3 way); with resolution of breaks
- Income reconciliation (dividends and interest)
- Manual Pricing and Pricing review
- P&L review and Tolerance checks
- Fees accrual, management and performance fee calculation and booking
- Capital bookings and reconciliation with Investor services system reports
- TB tie out and compiling NAV pack
- Delivery on audit requests and resolution of all queries on a timely basis
- Ensure appropriate checks and procedures are followed to maintain high quality deliverables and to avoid internal audit and ISAE findings
- Compliance with all internal organizational and business policies
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Good understanding and ability to apply basic accounting principles.
- Have a decent understanding of capital markets; any internship or exposure to capital market operations would be added advantage.
- Have decent understanding of asset classes like equities, bonds, futures, options and swaps; while theoretical knowledge is a must, ability to think through how they operate in real world would be added advantage.
- Candidates to research on hedge funds industry and demonstrate how much they understand of it. Ability to showcase understanding of fund administration business would be an added advantage.
- Should demonstrate the hunger to learn and grow. Should be a go-getter i.e. proactive, driven and demonstrate ability to stretch for the learning / growth.
- Should come across as someone smart, who has ability to think through issues and figure out solutions.
- Should be able to perform under stressful situations - not get nervous, lose composure or confidence, be able to think through, etc.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
PGDBM/MBA in Finance or equivalent preferred
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Communication skills - oral & written
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Attention to detail / rigor
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Ability to inspire others & generate people's commitment
Bachelor Degree or equivalent