Assistant Vice President - Credit Analyst
About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 74 countries, with more than 192,000 employees, including more than 146,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
To advise the Bank on risk appetite definition
To contribute as an objective “second pair of eyes” that risks taken on by the Bank align with its policies
To report and alert Bank Management of the status of risks to which the Bank is exposed
To contribute to the development and growth of the risk culture within the GroupRisk Coverage:
- The Risk perimeter encompasses: credit and counterparty risk, market risk, funding and liquidity risk, interest rate and FX risk of the Banking book, insurance risk and operational risk.
- Risk covers all Group’s activities and geographies.
- To provide a holistic view of the risk profile to the Bank’s management and Board, RISK coordinates with the relevant control function(s) to ensure relevant risk assessment, aggregation and reporting.
- Prepare and present annual credit reviews and new requests of North American financial institutions, covering: Banks, Brokers, GSEs, Supranationals, Custody Banks, UN entities and foreign subs operating in the US/Canada.
- This process includes comprehensive analyses on the banking sector and institutions in each country, coupled with credit commentary on banks' management, business strategies and competitive positioning within the industry.
- Analyze capital markets and corporate banking credit risks generated by North American financial institutions.
- Capital market transactions include equity derivatives, swaps, bond options, repos, foreign exchange, equity trading, and securities lending.
- Corporate Banking transactions include import and export trade finance proposals, and syndicated loan participations.
- Responsibilities also extend to reviewing counterparty credit exposures provided by Credit Control and Reporting Team.
- Co-ordinate with Legal Department to execute legal documentation by providing credit-sensitive terms in legal documentation and collateral arrangements with North American financial institution clients.
- Continuously interact with Marketers, Traders, Market Risk, Legal and Operations personnel to structure transactions to mitigate diverse forms of risk.
- Work closely with Relationship Managers, Transaction Team, and other Credit Officers to assist in structuring transactions to minimize un-due credit risk.
- Support all business lines credit requests / transactions for BNP Paribas Bank clients.
- The priority is to complete the relevant credit applications in order to establish lines that are within the Bank’s risk tolerance.
- Effectively handle multiple tasks and review multiple files simultaneously through effective prioritization of requests (in conjunction with immediate supervisor) and sound organizational skills.
- Provide credit parameters for legal documentation in conjunction with immediate supervisor. Additionally, review all legal documentation at time of annual review, ensuring all necessary documents are in place (including guarantees) and being familiar with what products are covered under the ISDA/CSA, PSA, PSA/ISMA, and SLMA.
- To be part of regulatory and internal exercises to coordinate exposures or Counterparty data for larger BNPP needs.
- Remain familiar with industry risks/trends, including credit issues, regulatory issues and legal issues, among others.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- BS/BA required with finance or economic backgrounds strongly preferred.
- Fluency in English (Spanish or Portuguese a plus)
- 3+ years previous experience in banking or credit experience.
- Technical skills advanced Excel or with coding or skills.
- Self-starter and highly motivated.
- Strong credit skills and comprehensive knowledge of the North American banks and brokers credit & trading products,
- Clear communication skills to firmly and confidently express credit decisions & opinions.
- Credit training at a large bank a bonus
- Capable of managing daily work flow and on-time deliverables
- Team oriented personality
FINRA Registrations Required:
- Not Applicable
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.
Primary Location: US-NY-New YorkJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: MISCELLANEOUSEducation Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)Experience Level: At least 3 yearsSchedule: Full-time Behavioural competency: Ability to collaborate / TeamworkTransversal competency: Ability to understand, explain and support change