· To advise the Bank on risk appetite definition
· To contribute as an objective “second pair of eyes” that risks taken on by the Bank align with its policies
· To report and alert Bank Management of the status of risks to which the Bank is exposed
· To contribute to the development and growth of the risk culture within the Group
The Risk perimeter encompasses: credit and counterparty risk, market risk, funding and liquidity risk, interest rate and FX risk of the Banking book, insurance risk and operational risk.
Risk covers all Group’s activities and geographies.
To provide a holistic view of the risk profile to the Bank’s management and Board, RISK coordinates with the relevant control function(s) to ensure relevant risk assessment, aggregation and reporting.
Credit risk management for Hedge Funds, Asset Managers and other Financial Institutions:
- Perform credit analyses on hedge fund and asset manager counterparties identifying major strengths and weaknesses via a review of investment strategy and leverage, performance history, portfolio exposures and risk management practices.
- Present credit reviews to appropriate credit committees.
- Monitor creditworthiness of assigned counterparties on an ongoing basis by regular review of monthly disclosure and proactively identify any deterioration in credit quality.
- Maintain good and open relationships with customers via due diligence visits, periodic phone and/or personal contact.
- Work with other support areas within the bank (e.g. legal, credit administration, collateral management, etc.) to ensure that the provisions of legal documents protect the bank and reflect the terms of the credit approval.
- Risk and approve trades ensuring appropriate margin is collected and exposures remain within credit limits.
- Effectively handle multiple tasks through prioritization of requests (in conjunction with immediate supervisor) and sound organizational skills.
- Work on other special projects and initiatives as needed.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- BA/BS required - concentration in finance or economics preferred
- 3 + years or relevant work experience
- Good understanding of Capital Markets trading products, particularly in equity, fixed income and the derivatives space
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive, with the ability to multi-task
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- MBA, CFA or CPA designation a plus
FINRA Registrations Required:
Primary Location: US-New YorkJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: MISCELLANEOUSEducation Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)Experience Level: At least 3 yearsSchedule: Full-time
Behavioural competency: Attention to detail / rigorTransversal competency: Analytical Ability