Vice President/ Assistant Vice President - Physical Security
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas Group is a leading European bank with a strong global footprint across 72 markets and more than 202,000 employees. The Group provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships”.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Business line/Function :
VP/AVP – Physical Security
Administration and Facility Management Group
Business Line / Function
Admin and Facilities
Number of Direct Reports
Directorship / Registration
- Overall responsibility of physical security operations covering premises, people and assets of the organization in India.
- Implementation of Group/ Departmental physical security policies & procedures across various premises in India.
- Ensuring statutory, legal, regulatory & operational compliance pertaining to physical security function.
- Proactive identification & mitigation of physical security risks, which may impact organization’s business continuity and life safety.
- Responsibility of monitoring & control of security services delivered by external suppliers at multiple premises.
- Maintenance of electronic security equipment such as CCTV, Badge Access Control, Alarm systems etc.
- Advising management & internal cross functional teams on security topics and risk assessment.
- Explore avenues of automation and simplification of physical security procedures & e-security systems.
- Implementation of best practices in the Industry with respect to security & safety.
- Maintaining good liaison with law enforcement/Govt. agencies.
Policies & Procedures
· Ensure uniform implementation of security policy and procedures across approved pan India locations.
· Periodic review & updation of policies & procedures.
Security Operations Center
· Supervision of security operations centers on day to day basis to ensure seamless delivery of security services and controls.
· People management comprising team leads/SMEs, including recruitment, training, performance management & welfare.
· Administrative support to SOC/ground teams to support effective delivery of services.
· Ensure physical access control of the premises using badge access control system and physical monitoring to ensure only authorized personnel gain entry to the premises.
· Identification of physical security risks & propose management strategies for mitigation & continuity of operations.
· Ensure SOPs are followed to safeguard key assets such as people, goods & information.
· Ensure preparedness at local premises to meet security requirements of the organization on 24 X 7 basis.
- Ensure deployment, monitoring, training of private security guards across approved India locations.
- Ensure supervision of security guard deployment for security of female employees using cabs during silent hours.
- Ensure SOPs are followed to safeguard key assets such as people, goods & information.
- Assessment of security services SLAs on monthly basis & ensure appropriate action.
- Collaborate with cross functional stakeholders & facilities team to understand & deliver physical security support.
Electronic Security Systems
- Ensure functioning & periodic maintenance of e-security systems such as CCTV, ACS, Alarms etc.
- Ensure periodic supervision of e-security systems and timely reporting & rectification of snags.
Risk & Compliance
· Work with internal & external stakeholders to meet statutory, legal, regulatory & operational compliance pertaining to physical security function.
· Responsibility to investigate errors/incidents & submit well drafted report with RCAs, recommendations and further ensure timely execution of recommendations.
· Ensure compliance to L1 & L2 operational compliance criteria as approved by AFMG.
· Run BGV & Vigilance program for AFMG contractors.
· Work with procurement team on drafting the terms of contracts in accordance to the SOW.
· Conduct periodic review meetings with the suppliers.
· Tracking and timely processing of supplier bills to ensure continuity of services.
Project Management /Misc. Assignments
· Undertake avenues of improvement & simplification of the procedures by way of initiating special projects.
· Drive physical security projects in close co-ordination with IT, IT Security, Suppliers & other internal stakeholders.
· Advise real estate/FM teams on security installations planned for new projects.
- Carry out risks assessment of premises for special events.
- Plan & support building evacuation drills in conjunction with FM, Security & BCM teams.
- Advising and participating in Business Continuity related processes and implementations
- Participation in crisis management committees and related subjects
- Interaction with various regulatory/governmental bodies involved in Crisis management/Disaster recovery authorities etc along with other stake holders of the organisation
Technical and Behavioral Competencies required
Technical Competencies :
1. Sound knowledge of theory and practice of physical security principles and standards.
2. Good knowledge of technical security systems such as CCTV, ACS, Alarms etc.
3. Good process drafting skills.
4. Working knowledge of information technology infrastructure such as servers, OS, network & databases.
5. Knowledge of various security solutions available in the market and practiced in industry.
Behavioral Competencies :
1. Good people management skills
2. Good communication skills
3. Innovative & collaborative approach
Experience and Qualifications required
Qualification and Work Experience
· Minimum Graduate/ Post Graduate in any discipline.
· Special training/certification in security/safety risk management is mandatory.
· Management education shall be an added advantage.
· Minimum 10 years of experience of working in a corporate physical security function.
· Experience of managing multiple premises and teams in India.
· Experience of working with multiple stakeholders such suppliers, IT, IT Security, Legal & Compliance etc.
· Experience of premises security risk assessment & projects.