In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
HFS Fund Accounting teams’ responsibilities:
As part of the Fund Accounting team, they are responsible for the overall production of the Net Asset Valuations (“NAVs”) for single manager, fund of hedge fund & private equity clients in adherence to HFS client service level documents. NAVs for clients may be produced daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly or annually according to clients’ requirements. The team independently reconcile, review and report on trades, positions, cash and prices, controls general ledger postings and the final NAV review sign off process.
The key areas of responsibility as HFS Fund Accounting Assistant Vice President include:
• Assisting with managing and supervising Fund accountants by ensuring adequate training, split of workload between team members, assistance in cases of escalation and general oversight. Ensuring that all team members operate efficiently and adhere to internal procedures, ISAE 3402 II requirements and HFS best practice and policy. Accountability for team performance, efficiencies and key risk / performance indicators.
• Co-ordinating the NAV preparation process – including review of final trial balances and all underlying portfolio information, accruals and expenses to ensure that information is up to date and complete. Analysing and reviewing movements in the NAV taking into account effects of P&L, side-pockets and hedging on share class/ series NAVs.
• Liaising with the GSO team, prime brokers and investment managers to resolve reconciliation breaks and other NAV related queries on a timely basis.
• Overseeing payments processing and ensure proper controls including call back in place.
• Monitoring the daily/ad-hoc work of the team to ensure client / internal deadlines are met. Handling internal administrative tasks (e.g. KPI, KRI, MI reporting, Sage).
• Demonstrating a very solid knowledge of the fund administration business and common practice.
• Managing client audit and due diligence reviews. Co-ordinating the funds’ audit process to ensure completion of audits in accordance with agreed timeframes and timely filing of the AFS & FAR with CIMA (as applicable).
• Co-ordinating the preparation & presentation of Administrator Reports at Fund meetings as required.
• Promoting and maintaining high quality client service. Handling work with clients, fund managers and other third parties (e.g. fund auditors) on daily operational issues in an independent and professional manner). Responding to client enquiries and co-ordinating work with other internal departments.
• Providing assistance on new fund launches, fund restructuring and fund terminations, including coordinating with clients & other internal departments on review of fund documentation & execution of service agreements. Ensuring all necessary onboarding & termination procedures are followed for account openings & closings.
• Working with Client Development team to ensure service level documents are updated and that the various operations teams are able to provide the services to clients in line with the service level documents.
• Tracking the client perception of service delivery and taking action when not satisfactory.
• Communicating service and process changes to clients and working with them to adapt to revised service delivery set-ups.
• Providing information and assisting clients in managing service disruptions or operational outages.
• Actively contributing to product/service development initiatives, evaluating processes to improve efficiency and leading in internal projects as required.
• Contributing to the development of the business’s brand and reputation.
• Oversight of the services provided by GSO team and any external services providers as required.
• Assisting the Head of Fund Accounting to manage the requests from the quality assurance team, operational risk team, internal audit team requests, ISAE audit team etc; and to effectively and timely address any audit points.
Risk and Compliance:
• Ensure the operating model in compliance with regulations, market infrastructure evolution and BNP Paribas internal control rules and meet compliance and regulatory obligations.
• Adhere to the Code of Conduct and act accordingly internally, when facing clients and providers.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Active participation in client and internal meetings where required
• Operational leadership of change incorporating client requirements and process reviews
• Validation for all activities related to transaction processing and carrying out our ‘business as usual’ tasks
• Full service delivery in line with client SLA’s
• Business Implementation – including onboarding of new clients, restructures, product development, statutory and regulatory change
• Supporting the overall service delivery via cross-team cooperation/communication
• Act as a conduit of change for business, IT and client projects across the organisation.
• Actively contribute and participate in all Culture and Leadership initiatives
• Influencing the desired culture of flexibility, accountability and openness to change and leading by example
• Ability to adapt to change, and to approach team and organizational changes with an innovative approach
• Active participation in senior client meetings as well as technical escalation point for client issues or changes
• End of year financial reporting to meet specific client SLA terms
• Ensuring implementation of operational risk and legislative requirements in all output
• Analysis, innovation, development and implementation of change and process improvement
• Maintain and monitor the BP2S Risk Control Framework for the services provided to client, including formal supervision and working closely with Risk and Compliance and Operational Controllers, identifying potential risks and developing controls to mitigate them
Specific Qualifications (if required)
• Experienced professional in hedge fund accounting space
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Good work ethic and an ability to work as part of a team
• Good client services skills
• Good time management
• Ability to work in a challenging environment