Job Description - APAC
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
- Provide support & control to the Vanilla IRFX Business conducted under BNP Paribas
- This role encompasses trade validation & booking in booking systems.
- Coordinate compressions
COCE- Product Control
Business Line / Function:
Rates/Commodities Middle Office Trade Support
Head of the Team
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Trade Support is in charge of the proper representation of trades within booking systems at any time of their lifecycle
- Controls and/or processes trade capture in FO/MO/BO systems
- Monitors and processes trade events
- Investigates on trade feeds, confirmations and payments in case of requests raised by other Operation teams
TRADE SUPPORT MAIN FUNCTIONS :
- Ensure that Rates Derivatives Exotics trades booking are in line with external source (termsheets from Front office) and rectify discrepancies on the same day
- Monitor and process option exercises and special events
- Post amendments, market events and cancellations
- Resolve queries from different operations and other stakeholders
- Assist Front Office in ad-hoc rebooking requests and update in Middle Office systems.
- Comply with internal and external regulatory and compliance requirements
- Ensure all controls are in place and reconciliations front-to-back are investigated and reconciled:
- Emails from Back offices, Middle offices and IT are investigated
- Emails from Credit Risk control are investigated
- Abnormal Trading are investigated and accounted
- Ensuring trades are booked timely and accurately on trade date
- Account for missing booking and escalate when necessary
- Checking of daily reports
- Contribute to the Permanent Control framework.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Basic knowledge in Interest Rates Derivatives products (IRS, CCS, FRA, Swaption, Bond options, Futures etc)
- Familiar with Middle Office Support functions
- Murex knowledge preferred
- Responsible, meticulous, self-motivated, fast learner, positive attitude
- Possess great team spirit
- Confident and possess good communication and interpersonal skills
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Master Degree or equivalent
At least 2 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)