About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas Group is a leading European bank with a strong global footprint across 72 markets and more than 202,000 employees. The Group provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Businessline/Function :
Within the Asia Pacific CIB IT & Operations organization, the Regional OPC (Operational Permanent Control) correspondent for the GMO perimeter is under the management of the Head of Conduct & Controls and works in close relationship with the GMO teams in Paris, Singapore, Hong Kong and other territories.
Assistant Manager - Operational Risk and Permanent Controller, Global Markets Operations
ISPL CIB ITO Conduct & Controls
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Main responsibilities is to implement the operational risk management framework and monitor the operational risk related to Global Markets Operations activities. To analyze control results (Ops, OPC, LoD2, LoD3) and incidents to identify main operational risks and follow the associated mitigation/remediation actions (including recommendations).
Will also be responsible for the improvement of the overall internal control mechanisms to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and BNPP Group standards.
- Work closely with Global OPC teams to ensure that guidelines established centrally are adapted
- Update RCSA and risk maps as part of the implementation of the Convergence program
- Identify gaps in the control framework based on IG missions, RISK ORC permanent control actions, open risk areas, TAC/NAC, projects and incidents
- Subsequently review the control plans using a risk based approach
- Perform operational risk identification and assessment in business units.
- Implement strategic plan to prevent, eliminate and mitigate operational risks.
- Assist Operational Risk Analysts in development of key risk and control indicators.
- Coordinate with senior management in performing operational risk reviews.
- Track and monitor operating risk issues for business units.
- Report operational risk issues and decisions to senior management on regular basis.
- Assist in identifying and evaluating risk areas across the operational activities.
- Investigate root causes of operational risks and provide support to mitigate risk.
- Develop strong relationship with key stakeholders and business partners by addressing issues/concerns in timely manner.
- With the other ITO OPCs, contribute to the risk awareness within ITO and bring into the spotlight key areas of focus/attention
- Actively support a front-to-back approach via a strong collaboration with Business OPCs and a clear reporting on risks and mitigating actions for the concerned business
- Closely collaborate with Risk ORC by attending regular meetings and sharing relevant information
Regulations, Procedures and Code of Conduct
- Pro-actively monitor the regulations changes to ensure cascading in Ops teams
- Monitor the implementation of global/local regulations and internal policies by Ops teams
- Ensure compliance with global and regional policies, especially Compliance and IT Security
- Ensure respect of the BNPP standards of Code of Conduct
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Experience of front-to-back Global Markets flow (any product, Fixed Income, Commodity)
- Experience in Settlements would be a plus
- Good analytical skills and control mindset
- Ability to integrate various information and synthesize them
- Good communication and presentation skills, with ability to interact with operations staff and Senior Management
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team
- Coordination and multi-tasking skill
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) for statistical analysis and report production
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to synthetize / simplify
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Communication skills - oral & written
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to set up relevant performance indicators
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 7 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)