Assistant Manager – Data Analyst
About BNP Paribas Group:
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, it provides clients with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs, and continues to develop its franchise in the region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Businessline/Function :
Change Management Team within Operations is a Transversal Business Line playing a support role to Operations pertaining to Global Markets, Cash Management & Client Management teams. The team mainly supports Business Operations by looking into Transition/Project Management, Continuous Improvement Projects & MIS/Dashboards for Operations perimeter.
Data Analyst Assistant
CIB ITO Program Office
BNP Paribas has a presence in nearly 80 countries with over 180,000 employees. It ranks highly in its three core activities: Retail Banking, Investment Solutions and Corporate & Investment Banking.
In Asia Pacific, the BNP Paribas Group is a leading employer with 9,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets. Being one of the largest international banking networks, we strive to employ talented and innovative people who are aligned to our vision and culture.
We are looking for a Data Analyst Assistant to help the KPI and Reporting team located in Singapore to get the necessary data in the expected format and to participate to the development of dashboards relevant for internal and external stakeholders (Business, ITO, country management, compliance, regulators etc.). In this position, you will be working on data gathering and massaging with tools like SQL developer and Excel and analytics projects with reporting tools including Power BI, Tableau, Business Objects and Excel/VBA.
· Obtain the data from the various sources through the teams in charge when required
· Massage the data manually in the format expected by KPI & Reporting database when necessary
· Participate to the management reports and dashboard building for key business and operations stakeholders
· Help identifying new process improvement opportunities to optimize reporting
· Industrialize reports and dashboard production
· Draft technical specifications to the IT team in charge to maintain our Informatica workflows
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
· Strong analytical skills
· Ability to innovative
· Experience in reporting, business intelligence or process change
· Strong team player and strong problem-solving mindset as well as client-oriented
· Advanced proficiency in SQL and Excel
· Experience in advance data analytics (R, Python) and Power BI is preferable
· Knowledge in ETL tools like Informatica and Alteryx is a plus
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 7 years