Job Description - APAC
About BNP Paribas Group:
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, it provides clients with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs, and continues to develop its franchise in the region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Businessline/Function :
Asia Regional Processing Centre (ARPC) within ISPL is part of CIB operations. Functions handled within the unit is Remittances, Investigations-Remittances, Loans Processing, Cheque Clearing and Cheque Collections for APAC and MEA sites.
Assistant Manager- Collections & Clearing
Business Line / Function:
Manager- Cheque Clearing
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
To manage, monitor and control transaction processing for Cheque Collections & Clearing of BNPP with the objective to facilitate smooth functioning of Operations Objectives of BNPPISPL for all the sites handled.
1. Operations MANAGEMENT: Supervise processing of Clearing & Collection transactions to ensure that they are accurate, as per the prescribed service delivery standards and as per the SLA with the sites.
2. OPERATIONS RISK MANAGEMENT: Maintain control over outstanding and unreconciled entries. Implement and monitor control plans and pay attention to risk related areas in operations.
3. COMPLIANCE: Ensure adherence to internal guidelines, compliance, legal and regulatory aspects by the team members. Screening of customer transactions.
4. TEAM SUPERVISION &TRAINING: Monitor the performance of the Team members. Provide Training support wherever needed.
1. OPC: Contribute to the Operations Permanent Control framework.
2. CUSTOMER SERVICE: Monitor turnaround times, and operational efficiency. Resolve customer complaints and queries.
3. CLIENT RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT: Support MO to address ultimate client needs and resolve customer complaints if any.
4. INFORMATION MANAGEMENT: Preparation and submission of MIS and reports to management as required and disseminate information to the Team.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
· Knowledge on various Cash Management Products
· Knowledge of Banking Law and Practice
· Internal Accounting Systems and Packages
· Process performance evaluation, analysis and improvement
· Familiarity with computer applications, MS-Office, Business Objects etc.
· Familiarity with Banking Back Office Operations, Processes and Systems.
· Knowledge on various regulations connected with Banking Operations
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
· Good Communication Skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Orientation towards Service Quality
· Ability to work independently
· Team work
Specific Qualifications (if required)
4 + years, Bachelor degree or equivalent.
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
Bachelor Degree or equivalent