Job Description – APAC PM REVENUE
About BNP Paribas Group:
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, it provides clients with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs, and continues to develop its franchise in the region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Business Line/Function :
Performance Management within Finance Shared Services is responsible for accurate and timely management accounting, reporting and budgeting activities.
2nd May, 2019
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The jobholder will be responsible for local reporting by ensuring that the assigned Revenue management accounting and reporting is accurate and completed on a timely basis. Candidate will work to ensure the accuracy of transactional level details calculates and reports cost of risk charged to investment-banking activities and reports revenue at the client, business and contract levels.
All local reporting is performed in accordance with relevant and applicable instructions, requirements within the deadlines set forth, with complete audit trail to follow.
Management Accounting & Control Functions
· Manage / perform reconciliation and control checking between management accounting system & accounting figures;
· Manage / perform system adjustments for correct management reporting;
· Ensure monthly revenues (& related indicators) management reporting to Head Office are completed within pre-set deadlines
· Work closely with regional Meter PMs / Country PMs and Head Office Finance in analyzing business performance;
· Manage the production process of budget and forecast exercises following HO and Regional PM guidelines.
· Provide analysis and response to questions raised by HO Finance / Regional Finance / internal management.
· Ensure the figures reported by the team are accurate and compliant with Head Office Management Accounting rules and principles;
· Assist in monthly system parameters checking; update and maintain referential (i.e. mapping tables) for which the team is responsible
· Manage ad hoc assignments as requested by HO Finance / Regional Finance / internal management.
· Direct contribution to BNP Paribas operational permanent control framework
· Perform sanity checks / high-level reviews of monthly and quarterly reports, raising questions to the senior reporting analysts for further investigation
· Document and keep procedures for the production of all reporting tasks up-to-date
Projects, Systems Support, Operational Process Improvements
· Participate in the upgrades / version releases of respective reporting tools, as well as system amendments / enhancements required to facilitate new / modified reporting requirements. In connection with this effort, assist in user acceptance testing and trouble-shooting after deployment.
· Help formulate system enhancements and operational process improvements in production, control procedures, and workflow organization to increase the team’s efficiency and effectiveness. Also, assist in integrating and streamlining the reporting under the team’s responsibility.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- 4/5 years of experience in a global financial services company
- Prior accounting/audit, management reporting or capital markets experience desirable
- Excellent PC skills; ability to learn new systems quickly
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (formulas, pivot tables, charts, and graphs)
- Working knowledge and understanding of Smartview/Essbase and MS Access desirable
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Chartered Accountant (preferred) or MBA with relevant experience
Communication skills - oral & written
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
Master Degree or equivalent