In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
APAC Legal, with more than 130 lawyers dedicated to CIB, IBA, BP2S, WM, Cardif, Asset Management,
provide legal support to business lines and functions across the region in 12 countries.
The COO Office is in charge of coordinating operational and transversal matters/initiatives in APAC Legal across the region.
Within the COO Team, the mission is to :
- Act as the IT expert of APAC Legal being involved :
* In various projects: new reporting tool (SARA), Sharepoint etc…
* In APAC Legal’ s digital transformation
- Assist the COO APAC Legal in operational and transversal matters/projects/initiatives.
• Manage and coordinate the deployment of IT tools and database systems requirements,
• Manage the governance/maintenance of Sharepoint for Legal in APAC,
• Assist the COO APAC Legal on digitalisation/automatisation projects, as and when required,
• Coordinate and assist the legal teams when reporting the major legal risks on SARA (new reporting tool),
• Contribute to the creation of a new legal risks reporting (to be sent every month to the top management in APAC and in Paris) generated from SARA datas,
• Assist the COO APAC Legal in the coordination of the Permanent Control exercises,
• Assist the COO APAC Legal in managing and monitoring regional projects/initiatives in Project Management mode,
• Assist in the production of presentation materials related to Legal in APAC,
• Build working relationship with the various legal stakeholders across Asia, Paris, London and New York
Technical and Behavioural Competencies / Specific Qualifications (if required)
• IT skills: Proficiency in Business Intelligence (Power BI…), in Excel VBA, in Access, SQL …
• Takes initiative and is results driven
• Strong decision making and analytical skills
• Ability to innovative and manage change and complexity with confidence
• Strong team player
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Act with integrity
• Intellectual curiosity, thirst for information and proactive enthusiasm for personal development
• Common sense, hardworking and well-organized
• Self-motivated and genuine interest in Banking and Finance
• Excellent English skills (spoken and written)