Assistant Branch Manager (Sales & Service Lead) - 40 hours Portland Lloyd Center branch
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for fostering growth of relationships with the Bank. Develops new loan/deposits business and expands existing account relationships. Coordinate sales activities in the branch. Works to achieve the mission of the Bank. Officer-in-Charge in the Branch Manager's absence.
Essential Job Functions
- Leads the sales effort in the branch. Implement promotional campaigns and product initiatives.
- Sells Bank products and provides superior customer service. Manages more complex sales transactions. Cross sells products and services, including mortgage loans.
- Supports the Branch Manager in performing human resources activities related to sales staff, including hiring, coaching, performance management, pay and employee terminations.
- Leads Relationship Banker team member performance by establishing annual performance targets, providing direction and support through activity based coaching and skill development. Leads sales meetings. Provides training on bank products and sales/service issues.
- Ensures that the branch staff meet all regulatory compliance standards. Follows all operating policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Requires 3 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Complete understanding of all Bank deposits and credit product and services.
- Customer Transactions, overrides, NFS/OD guidelines and certifications.
- Strong knowledge of all deposit and credit products.
- Smart Staffing tool.
- Touchpoint Teller and MCCRM New Account process and systems.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.