At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for servicing transactions, performing needs assessments and developing new or expanding existing account relationships. Assists Branch Manager in providing coaching and direction to branch staff in both sales and service activities including lobby management practices without formal management responsibilities. May coordinate sales activities in the branch. Supports the Branch Manager in their absence.
Essential Job Functions
- Assists Branch Manager in the branch and acts as second in command in Branch Manager's absence.
- Responsible for a broad range of complex activities in the branch that may include transaction processing, new account sales, customer servicing and referral generation.
- Adapts to the needs of the branch and focuses on any promotional activities and enhances customer experience.
- Has signing authority, overrides, accepts items for collection, end of day activities, monthly certifications and vault duties.
- Provides input to Branch Manager regarding human resources activities related to staff, including assisting in the selection, hiring, and providing input for annual performance targets and evaluation feedback. Assists in coaching and skill development to include bank products, sales and service.
- Follows all operating policies and procedures. Supports Branch Manager in assisting branch staff to meet all regulatory compliance standards.
- May direct product based or skills huddles or sales meetings, and provide input to the Branch Manager on lobby and line management strategies.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- P3 - 5 yrs Requires advanced knowledge of job area of technical or operational practices within assigned discipline. Typically requires a minimum 5 years of prior relevant experience. Prefer University Degree or equivalent experience.
- Excellent customer service skills, communication skills, both written and verbal, and presentation skills.
- Excellent understanding of all Bank deposits, lending and credit product and services.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of retail compliance controls, risk management and branch processes and procedures.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Expertly use all applicable systems, technology and software to perform job functions.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong planning and organization skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with ability to mentor and lead while maintaining individual workload.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.