In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
The main objective of this opening is to hire an experience candidate to perform daily tasks of custody operations team.
The candidate is required to have excellent inter-personal. He/She would be responsible to cover all activities related to Corporate Actions. Assist the corporate action manager to monitor the performance of offshore team.
The candidate has to be very proactive and can work independently with minimal supervision in a multicultural environment with excellent teamwork. Meticulous and result oriented are also important for this position.
Due to the expansion of the business, the candidate would requires to participate on various ad hoc projects from time to time, run UAT testing and to provide input and support to projects.
Also, this role will be required to work with Clients, excellent communication skill with good client servicing are definitely important.
• Process Corporate Action, IPO, ETF, dividend claim instruction
• Assist India colleague on corporate action event setup
• Answering client enquiry related to corporate action / custody service
• Escalate client enquiry to appropriate party
• Support billing process, calculate market fee and charges.
• Support UAT test, Market Rehearsal, BCP and Drill from time to time
• Assist CA manager to update Operational procedures and Client SLA review
• Monthly MIS reporting and invoicing
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Knowledge of HK local custody business and Swift Message (MT56X)
• Flexibility to adapt to changing environment; multitasking is essential
• Good Team player
• Commitment, Initiative, Drive and Energy to continually improve and enhance processes
• Client focused
• Strong skills of Excel Macro and MS office tools is a plus
• Knowledge of securities equities clearing, settlement process of HK market
• Knowledge of Project Management experience is a plus
• Knowledge of ISO20022
Specific Qualifications (if required)
• Degree Holder
• Fluent in English
• SFC Type 1 License for Dealing in Securities
• At least 4 years of experience in corporate actions
• Master with Local market systems - CCASS (C3T) / eCMT
• Knowledge on ETF creation / redemption processing