Role Description and purpose
Client Account Managers play a key role within the Global Client Group at BNP Paribas Asset Management. Working in close tandem with Client Relationship Managers, their principal objective is to deliver an outstanding Client Experience to our Clients, drawing upon expertise from the entire Firm. Client Account Managers ensure that BNP Paribas Asset Management delivers on its promises to Clients.
The key focus of this role is on Taiwan Institutional and Wholesale Distribution Clients and Prospects.
- Establish and maintain high quality, long-term, ‘trusted advisor’ relationships with clients, deliver excellent client experience and proactively manage any risks to the relationship.
- Act as a preferred point of entry for all client queries, take ownership and ensure adequate answers within agreed timeframes.
- Be responsive in dealing with issues and complaints as they arise, escalating in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Ensure high quality, timely and accurate delivery of client reports, in collaboration with the Reporting teams.
- Manage the regular client review process, gather all relevant information and present in an appropriate format.
- Monitor client satisfaction at all times and work with relevant stakeholders to improve the overall quality of service provided. Ensure service delivery in line with our client tiering model.
- Act as the interface with clients to assist with the negotiating and implementation of services as stipulated in the legal documentation, working as required in conjunction with the centres of expertise.
- Pilot on-site client visits and training: validate purpose for visit, assist in developing agendas and arrange logistical support as required.
- Onboard new accounts, coordinate mandate changes, periodic review and closing in collaboration with the corresponding centres of expertise.
- Translation of materials where needed and requested by clients
Business Relationship Management and Development
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the services that BNP Paribas Asset Management is able to provide
- Contribute to the overall sales effort through involvement in RFPs, RFIs, marketing materials and other administrative duties
- Capture all the relevant client information, new service requests, operational issues and activity indicators in Salesforce, share it with Sales teams
- Contribute to the retention of existing business through involvement in post-sales DDQ and ad-hoc queries. Log assets at risk in a timely manner and develop remediation plans as appropriate.
- Understand recent market movements, industry trends, competitor activities, and our positioning in the market.
- Contribute to projects with a direct impact on clients or sectors covered
- Assist the Sales team in reviewing client profitability and client risk, and with the implementation of any retention strategies put in place
- Participate in client meetings, functions and events as appropriate
Operational Risk Management
- Be aware at all times of operational risk and adhere at all times to all relevant procedures.
- Maintain comprehensive record of query management, complaints and incidents
- Timely escalate operational incidents and take the ownership to coordinate their resolution
Risk and Compliance
- Adhere at all times to applicable laws, rules and regulations and internal procedures (Code of Ethics, management of conflicts of interest, client confidentiality, …)
- Advise Compliance of any issues as soon as they may arise, with relevant escalation.
- Ensure that clients are treated fairly at all times
- Be alert to possible or actual complaints from clients and manage these in line with agreed procedure
- Assume the 1st level control responsibilities for ensuring the implementation of the four-eye principle of the KYC/KYI policy, independently from Client Relationship Managers;
- Monitor the KYC/ KYI process during new account opening and periodic reviews
- Proactively work with Centre of Expertise AML/KYC to ensure timely completion of KYC periodic reviews
- Facilitate AML/KYC document collection and be able to explain to Clients our KYC requirements and rationale behind them
- Check the quality and completeness of the files
- Submit all files requiring a review decision from either the CRM Management, Compliance or a Client Acceptance Review Committe
Key Internal / External Relationships
- Client Relationship Managers
- Client Account Management colleagues locally and APAC
- Colleagues from the Centres of Expertise: Open Funds, AML/KYC, Mandate Onboarding, Reporting
- Relevant stakeholders across the Firm and across different cultures/time zones: Portfolio Management, Legal, Compliance, Investment Risk and Compliance, Finance, Investment Operations, Fund and Mandate Operations, etc.
- Taiwanese Institutional and Wholesale Distribution Clients and Prospects
- External stakeholders involved in servicing client accounts
Essential qualifications & experience
Technical and industry experience
- Excellent academic background, with evidence of a deep interest in the investment management / financial markets
- 3-5 years of successful experience in the financial services industry, with at least 2 years in Asset Management, Wealth Management or Fund Administration.
- Experience servicing Institutional and Wholesale Distribution Clients
- Native fluency in Chinese, written and spoken
- Excellent command of English, written and spoken
- KYC/Onboarding experience, project management experience, B-shares knowledge are an advantage
- Strong interest in ESG and sustainable investing is an advantage
- Data/Digital skills
- Data savvy: advanced working knowledge of Excel; working knowledge of Power BI, Tableau is a plus
- Digital savvy: well versed in Salesforce (or other CRM tool), working knowledge of collaborative online tools like MS Teams, Sharepoint, Webex, other digital Client Engagement tools is a plus
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, ability to make impactful presentations
- Has high standards, values hard work and is results-driven:
- Demonstrate maturity and upholds highest personal integrity standards
- Is meticulous and precise. Makes sure to fully understand Client’s needs and the reasons behind them, from the big picture to the slightest detail
- Gets things done: is rigorous, resilient, resourceful and relentlessly reliable; sets realistic expectations and follows through on commitments.
- Has the ownership mind-set and practices radical personal accountability
- Has high clarity of thought that manifests itself in:
- Ability to analyse and structure complex problems into actionable solutions
- Sharp business writing that gets things done
- Systems thinking: understanding of interdependencies between different parts of the Firm
- Has excellent collaborative, communication and interpersonal skills:
- Builds and maintains excellent relationships with the Clients and across the Firm/cultures/time zones, treats everyone with dignity and respect
- Communicates and presents clearly and persuasively
- Demonstrates cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Has growth mind-set: believes in own ability to learn, get better and achieve ambitious goals
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, energy and drive
Primary Location: TaiwanJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENTEducation Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)Experience Level: At least 3 yearsSchedule: Full-time