We are seeking an experienced Application Support Specialist to join the Application Support Team within the IT function.
The primary focus for the role will be maintenance and support of Cardif Pinnacle’s Progress Open Edge based applications within an ITIL aligned Service Delivery framework.
The role involves engaging with business users, project managers, business analysts, technical teams and testers to develop, support and maintain Open Edge Applications and services. This role also involves learning new technologies to support other applications within the teams’ roles and responsibilities.
To be successful in this role you will be a Progress Developer with OpenEdge 11 and Webspeed/PASOE experience supported by a proven track record of commercial experience in OpenEdge development and support. You will be a supportive team member and work flexibly in a fast-paced environment within a small team to manage and resolve service impacting Incidents and Tasks. You will also be willing to work out of hours for planned maintenance.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Resolving and managing incidents and problems, working with other teams, ensuring that the correct solution is reached
- To maintain appropriate procedures for application monitoring, capacity planning and tuning
- To report as necessary on performance against agreed objectives, timescales or standards.
- To create technical documentation for all systems in line with Group and Company standards.
- To work in accordance with the Company ITSM policies and processes.
- Develop, test, deploy and document code changes in accordance with the Company Software Development Lifecycle
- To ensure coding meets company standards in terms of the accuracy, efficiency and robustness of the developed code.
Skills required for this role:
- Proven track record of commercial experience in Progress 11 4GL/Webspeed/PASOE
Incident Management in a fast paced environment
Technical and Test Documentation
Working with a ITSM tool such as Service Now
Solid proven Linux experience
Good understanding of SDLC including Testing
Experience of requirement gathering and modelling techniques
Proven ability to communicate well, at all levels, both written and verbal
Good organisation skills
Attention to detail
Other skills that would be a distinct advantage are:
At Cardif Pinnacle we’re on a mission to keep pets happy, healthy and safe. We want to become the leading pet healthcare service provider by being holistic and using technology to keep our customer’s pets safe and healthy.
We pride ourselves on providing an inclusive working environment. Every team works collaboratively to ensure our goals our met and we all play as hard as we work.
Our benefits are amazing including 24 days holiday (plus your birthday!), generous pension scheme, private medical cover plus a host of flexible benefits!
You are you, and we recognise your individuality, offering a wide range of support and tailored working environments to suit your personal needs.
With exciting projects on the horizon, there hasn’t been a better time to join us.
So what are you waiting for?! Apply now!
Cardif Pinnacle is a subsidiary of BNP Paribas Cardif, a worldwide provider of insurance and savings products, and ultimately part of the global banking group, BNP Paribas SA.
Primary Location: GB-ENG-HertfordshireJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGYEducation Level: Other Degrees / Certifications / Vocational, Technical or Professional QualificationsExperience Level: At least 1 yearSchedule: Full-time
Behavioural competency: Attention to detail / rigorTransversal competency: Ability to develop and adapt a process