At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Install and configure software in all environments (DEV, UAT, Staging, Production and DR).
• Apply and support product defect fixes and updates, from testing thru implementation.
• Performance platform tuning and module configurations.
• Provide 24x7 production support and troubleshoot issues related to assigned applications.
• Maintain platforms up-to-date with Security, OS, DB, and 3rd party patches.
• Monitor and maintain system health, performance, and batch processing (e.g., EOD processing, file transfer and loading.
• Develop, maintain and support Disaster Recovery plans and annual exercise.
•Lead and assist other junior team members to troubleshoot more complex issues.
• Adherence to Audit, Compliance and Risk guidelines.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Systems, or equivalent
• 7+ years of overall experience in application support role
• Strong technical experience in Operating systems like Windows 2016 and Linux/UNIX
• Strong technical experience with web-based applications and middleware/front end technology (including administration, management, and support)
• Knowledge in Application Monitoring tools and log monitoring tools like Dynatrace, New Relic or AppDynamics and Splunk.
• Proficient in writing SQL queries, Shell Scripting, Perl Scripting, VB Script and Java Script
• Exposure to Web sphere, WAS Management
• Proficiency in .Net, SQL Server and Oracle.
• Financial industry experience is a plus
• Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, problem-solving, documentation, and communication skills
• Experienced in Agile and DevOps environments and cultures.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.