In a changing world, unprecedented challenges require unmatched talent. Join one of Montreal's Top Employers in 2023. We are a dynamic and growing organization having its main establishment located in downtown Montreal and part of a leading international banking institution fully committed to building a more sustainable future. Note that the position may be in the Canadian Branch of BNP Paribas or in one of its subsidiaries based in Montreal.
The position at a glance
The mission of the America Application Security is to protect our organization from reputational and/or financial loss resulting from a compromise of the Confidentiality, Integrity, Availability, and/or Proof of Audit of our underlying data assets. Information is protected by focusing on four categories of risk and categorizing data based on these risks. Once information assets have been classified, proper security controls are put into place to protect these assets. It is also a requirement that all critical applications must be scanned to identify any security deficiencies. This concern in house developed application for SAST/SCA and in house hosted web application for DAST.
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates will be measured on the following four performance drivers which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Impacts division and influences peers and team
- Demonstrates good judgement when making decisions of high complexity and impact
- Relies on limited guidance for most complex decision making
- Is responsible for driving outcomes which have meaningful effect on team or department
- Leadership and Collaboration
- Creates trust with department leaders
- Acts in leadership capacity for large projects, processes, or programs for a team
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus
- Able to build relationships with a mix of intermediate and senior colleagues or clients
- Interacts regularly with management and department leaders
- Demonstrates the ability to persuade and influence stakeholders at the team level
- Compliance Culture and Conduct
- Takes full responsibility for personal actions and demonstrates courage in facing problems and conflicts
- Perceived as a person of high moral character; upholds corporate values and displays high ethical standards”
- Lead Application Security assessment part of the Secure SDLC Governance
- Participate in the North America Security Testing program
- Working with IT Application owner
- Application onboarding in SAST/SCA and DAST tool
- Eliminate false positive findings
- Finalize scan report
- Present final report to IT application owner
- Verify remediation
- Support technical discussion with IT Development team to discuss findings and remediation
- Partner with South America Application Security team to share our practice and governance
The strengths and skills that will help you succeed
- 5 Years+ of Information Security experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Clear and consistent status reporting
- Ability to create and run secure assessments of code
- Review and contribute to solutions and app designs
- Perform risk and threat assessments
- Knowledge of OWASP DevOps and OWASP Top 10
- Previous proven experience and expertise with following tools:
- Fortify, Sonatype Nexus, Qualys, AppSpider, Dependency Check from OWASP and SonarQube
- Ability to work autonomously, be able to focus on an end-to-end design, and implementation approach
- Previous experience on building/running a Security Testing program
- Knowledge of the English is required. Portuguese/Spanish is a plus
- Master’s degree in Information Technology, Cyber Security or Computer Science
- Information Security certifications
FINRA Registrations Required:
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
What’s in it for you
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer flexible benefits including a family and spouse insurance program, a defined contribution pension plan and paid days for volunteering. Hybrid work arrangements, such as remote working up to 50% and flexible working hours are available for most positions. BNP Paribas provides excellent training and personal development programs, as well as opportunities for career development within the company and internationally.
To find out more about our range of benefits, click here
What you need to know
- We will review candidates as they apply, so don’t wait to submit your application;
- If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. BNP Paribas will work with you to ensure that you are able to participate fully in the process;
- You must be legally eligible to work in the Greater Montreal area and, if applicable, hold a valid work or study permit. Physical presence in BNP Paribas’ office(s) is an essential function of this position;
- Given the vast majority of our clients, both internal and external, are based outside of Quebec and Canada, specific language requirements may apply. These will be clearly mentioned in the qualifications of the position;
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) at the heart of our commitments
At BNP Paribas all employees are on an equal footing allowing us to create a work environment that values and respects people for their talents, skills and competences.
BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Right Act).
To learn more about our DE&I commitments, click here
BNP Paribas is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment. Present in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, the bank holds key positions in several areas of banking and financial services.
BNP Paribas’ mission is to contribute to a responsible and sustainable economy by financing and advising its clients according to the highest ethical standards, while striving to respond to essential concerns in terms of the environment, regional development and social inclusion.
Since 1961, BNP Paribas has supported large Canadian companies and institutions in their business development by offering a full range of specialized financial services and investment products.
With over 1,200 employees, BNP Paribas in Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
Our certifications and partnerships
- Montreal Top Employer 2023
- Canada's Best Diversity Employer
- Women in Governance – Parity certified - Gold certification
- CCDI Consulting Inc. (Canadian Center for Diversity and Inclusion)
- Pride at Work Canada
- Rainbow Accreditation issued by Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- ROSEPH – Grouping of specialized organizations for the employment of persons with disabilities
Do you want to discover other BNP Paribas offers in Canada?
Click here: BNP Paribas in Canada Our job offers
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **