Application Production Support Analyst (APS) for eComm Surveillance Applications
• Directly under the supervision of the APS Functions manager
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
Provide user and application support for the eComm Surveillance platforms, specifically on RedOwl, Veritas, and Autonomy, and a backup for Actimize applications support
• Daily batch and server checks, and driving the incidents to resolution
• Supporting processes related to digital messages including email, chats, feeds from a compliance perspective
• Supporting business users and IT functional users, such as investigations on message flagging, policy application, monitoring of status, reporting etc.
• Supporting different business units in setting up their monitoring structures including different roles
• Communicating with vendors to escalate issues and follow up closely in the process of resolving issues
• Collaborating with functional teams and vendors in deploying new components in the Autonomy platform, ensuring the quality of these components by performing tests and health check before and after production deployment
• Supporting compliance and legal teams in investigations and audits
• Deployment of new component to Production via change management process
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor degree in computer science or related fields
• 5+ years’ work experience in application production support and/or functional support, with user facing experience
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• Technical skills:
-Strong Linux skills (preferably in a Red Hat multi-node cluster environment)
-ElasticSearch, SQL (preferably PostgreSQL)
• Knowledge of source control systems like SVN or Git
• Good scripting skills
• Additional technical skills (would be considered a plus) : Grafana, Kibana, RabbitMQ, NGINX, nodejs, Redis
• Knowledge of systems like Veritas Quadrant, NICE Actimize, HP Autonomy, Forcepoint UEBA, or other like systems is a plus
• Big data experience is a plus
• Experience with machine learning, natural language processing, AI, or robotics is a plus
• Availability to work off-hours is required on an occasional basis
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
• A very good team player and able to work independently
• Quick learner and self-motivated
• Strong analytical skills and carry out investigations with thoroughness and prudence
• Strong English verbal and written communication skills : Be able to communicate with users, and team members in English and French
• Strong problem solving skills and be able to think out of the box.
• Self-motivated and result-oriented
• Good problem solving and time management skills, especially in situations with high pressure and tight schedules
• Excellent technical documentation skills
• Familiar with ITSM tools like ServiceNow
• Financial / Banking industry experience is a plus
• Strict compliance with policies and procedures in place
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.