Application Manager - COP Digital Solution
BNP Paribas Cardif is the Insurance Company of the Banking Group BNP Paribas. Its mission is to insure individuals, their families and properties. Cardif distributes its insurance products (Savings and Protection) through the network of its partners (Retailers, Banks & Financial Institutions, facility companies…). BNP Paribas Cardif is located in 36 countries all over the world.
Continental Europe Zone is a regional organization in charge of BNP Paribas Cardif activities in Poland, Germany, Central Europe (Czech Republic, Slovakia, Austria, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria) and Iberia (Spain and Portugal).
Within the Zone, ETO (Efficiency Techonology and Operations) activities are covering IT, Operations and Transformation. An IT Shared Service Center (SSC) in charge of managing all mutualized IT activities (Business applications, production monitoring, project management) of served countries is growing rapidly in Prague (Czech Republic).
The development of our Digital solution is part of the Group strategic priorities The Application Manager for COP (Cardif Online Portal) will thus play a key role in the development of our SSC and the roadmap of our digital solution and related service platform.
Also, given the geographical coverage (Continental Europe Zone) an international context mindset, a excellent command of English (spoken and written) and ability to travel on a regular basis are key for the role.
We are currently launching a full digital program (COP – Cardif Online Portal) enabling an enhanced user experience as well as a seamless management of clients’ relationship (information, distribution, claims, complaints, etc.)
COP will be fully integrated in our business IT architecture (Policy Management System, Banking interface, DMS, DWH, etc.)
The Application Manager is in charge of defining and leading the road map of COP (deployment in not equipped countries, enhancements and upgrading versions), by prioritizing demands received from countries. You will ensure the proper functioning of the applications for user countries.You will be in charge of ensuring the consistency of the application’s functionalities all over the Zone countries.
Our Application Manager will liaise on daily basis with:
- Our IT Corporate team based in the head office in Paris
- Our internal clients in the countries in the Zone to guarantee the adequacy with business expectations.
In the long term you will be responsible of a team of up to 15 people and will manage the relation with the main external provider supporting the development of the solution.
This role covers following activities:
To ensure continuity and guarantee both the quality of the application and its maintenance, the Application Manager has the following responsibilities:
- Ensure the correct operation of applications, their maintainability and their upgradeability, in line with market evolution and Cardif global strategy.
- Manage and coordinate a team for application management (internal employees, sub-contractors, contributors, etc.).
- Suggest optimizations and efficiency gains.
- Propose an Obsolescence Management Plan.
- Interact with business teams in order to agree on business needs, propose the roadmap and related budget.
- Steer the relationship with the sub-contractor working in the scope.
- Contribute to the establishment of the annual road map and 3-year plan
- Min. 5+years of experience in similar area.
- Good expertise of Insurance business
- Awareness of IT development standards, methods and tools
- Understand IS fundamentals
- Awareness of functional and technical architecture rules
- Knowledge of application solutions
- Knowledge of Java and Liferay
- Awareness of quality and security standards
- Ability to translate IT & technical language into business rationale
- Fluent Czech and English languages (other European language is an advantage)
Behavioral competencies and interpersonal skills
- Analytical and logical thinking, organisational skills enabling to work in a complex environment
- Excellent communication skills at any level of our organisation
- Experience in international environment with many stakeholders located in different countries
- (Willingness to travel)
- Strong team spirit
- Negociation skills
- Risk management skills
- Keep deadlines
- Pro active
- Solution driven and customer focused