At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Through minimal supervision contributes to the modification, testing, adaption, and/or implementation and post implementation support of short- and long-term software solutions to business and technology needs. Reviews system requirements and business processes; Tests, debugs and implements software solutions. Works independently in a fast paced environment on moderately-complex issues.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides software support or technical support services typically in a defined moderately-complex project(s)
- Conducts a wide range of technical analyses to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements
- Reviews system requirements and business processes; debugs and implements software solutions
- Analyzes software support requirements
- Interfaces with Level 1 & 2 support groups
- Analyzes application code logic to determine root causes of complex production incidents
- Defines and documents software requirement changes to fix production incidents
- Coordinates with users to plan user acceptance testing, alpha and beta testing
- Manages environments, implements/deploys software upgrade to various environments and support post implementation.
- Defines and documents software installation and configuration processes
- Reviews platform requirements and coordinates with vendors and other IT groups in building/maintaining hardware, 3rd party software, patches and network related components with the compliance to the IT standards and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Experience supporting Java based applications
- Scripting experience
- Some knowledge of Linux administration
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.