Your Main Activities Are
- Develop End to End Product Lifecycle
- Develop Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) solutions i.e., collect and label data, setup and train models, test and evaluate results
- Develop, modify and support in-house applications, working hand-in-hand with the Data Scientists and developers of the Analytics Consulting (AC) team
- Work closely with clients during all stages of the application life cycle
- Design the most adequate approaches to solve the identified problems within the company’s framework
- Implement and assist the deployment and maintenance of models and softwares
- Follow industry best practices to implement and scale out the developed solutions into production grade software
- Assist the operational teams with the deployment, monitoring and maintenance of the developed solutions
- Contribute to disseminate a culture of data driven solutions within CIB (Corporate and Institutional Banking)
- Maintain a strong market watch on the latest developments on methodologies, technologies and tools
Profile and Skills to Success
- Master’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering or related area
- Fluency in English both oral and written (mandatory)
- Fluency in French and/or Portuguese are a plus
- Experience of web API, REST API including API lifecycle management
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools (pref. Jenkins, Git)
- Ability to think abstractly and creatively
- Knowledge of databases and associated tools (SQL and NoSQL)
- Effective Programming skills (e.g. Python, R, Java, Go) and algorithmic knowledge
- Ability to explain the results of a model and the different elements impacting it
- Statistical and quantitative analysis skills (e.g. machine learning models, statistical models, Bayesian statistics, probability theory, time series analysis,…Knowledge of at least one ML development stack (e.g. scikit-learn, keras)
- Knowledge of NLP techniques
- Knowledge of deep learning architectures and frameworks (e.g. PyTorch, TensorFlow)
- Ability to work in a changing environment
About the Team
- CIB Analytics Consulting (AC) consists of 60 people based in Paris, and Lisbon. Reporting to the CIB Chief Data Officer, Analytics Consulting is an in-house center of expertise on Data, Analytics and Artificial Intelligence. It is at the forefront of the data transformation of BNP Paribas CIB and the team is constantly evolving. It helps internal entities (primarily CIB) better understand and use internal & external data. It offers dashboarding, advanced analytics capabilities and AI applications to its internal clients in response to their business needs
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.