Appian Developer-Best Practice
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Responsible for the detailed architecture, design, development, modification, testing, adaption, and/or implementation of short- and long-term software solutions to business and technology initiatives that are of moderate to high complexity levels with integrations. Reviews system requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs and implements Appian software solutions. Works independently in a fast paced environment.
- Advises and Leads software architecture services typically in defined moderate to complex project(s) by coordinating with Enterprise Architecture.
- Provides working prototypes to confirm the feasibility of technical solutions
- Reviews and develops improvements to system requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs and implements software solutions.
- Ensures that defined architecture is successfully implemented
- Establishes improvements to increase efficiency
- Follows established Appian software policies, best practives and procedures; requests reviews from the Bank's Appian Center of Excellence to verify same.
- Revises and approves test plans and scripts to ensure alignment with standards and Technology strategy
- Reviews and advises IT standards and procedures.
- Coordinates work of offshore development team for their delivery as needed
- Mentors Software engineers and associate engineers
- Participates in development of technology roadmap for the program
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Gold A-Score
- Appian Analyst & Designer Certifications (Lead Designer preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree in IS, Computer Science or a related field required OR equivalent experience
- 5+ years information technology experience.
- 3+ years Appian designer experience
- JAVA development experience preferred
- Basic understanding of various relational database design concepts including relational & dimensional
- Experience with Oracle Database Queries
- Experience with Agile methodology preferred
- Experience working with Splunk preferred
- SQL, Splunk, Jira experience a plus
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to work effectively with business users and management to achieve business goals
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to ask intelligent and concise questions to facilitate conversations
- Ability to manage relatively small bodies of work at the sprint and release levels
- Ability to mine and analyze large amounts of data to develop hypotheses, make inferences and identify patterns
- Ability to present data as a concise story to technical and non-technical resources
- Ability to review Appian code against best practices to determine compliance with standards
- Math and statistical skills a plus
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook – Visio a plus)
- Must be detail oriented, show initiative and offer solution alternatives for issues raised
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Finance related field; or equivalent relevant experience
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.