At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
While Bank of the West considers all applicants, we will not sponsor candidates for work visas at this time.
Job Description Summary
This position is an Application Support Engineer II (Senior level)
role will be part of the AIS (Application
Implementation & Support) supporting Financial, Risk, Business Intelligence
Operations support at Bank of the West . The job primarily requires prior
experience in Installation, Configuration and Upgrade of OBIEE 12c in both
Linux and Windows environment. Must have Linux and Shell Scripting skills. The
job also requires work experience in infrastructure/production support and
knowledge on OBIEE and experience in any other Financial / Risk Applications in
LINUX/Unix/Windows environment is a plus. The candidate will need to have very
good communication and technical skills to understand and troubleshoot
production issues and be able to handle issues with minimal supervision. The
candidate must be a team player and willing to support other applications within
the team. The candidate needs to possess excellent communication skills
collaborating with business and IT with excellent troubleshooting production
job failures.Essential Job Functions
- Required to support new Applications as required with in the EADS
Finance and Risk Applications Support Team.
- Maintenance of the Application Infrastructure platform (upgrades,
patches, health monitoring).
on Change Management Tools to track all the incidents and changes and to plan
the production changes as per the change management policies.
- Provide L1\\L2 tier troubleshoot/production support (on call) for application
support jobs in production.
- Collaborate and work with business/development team on L3 issues and
follow the task to completion.
- Provide on call support (if required) for month/quarter end support for
financial close applications .
- Participate in IT upcoming releases, risks, mitigation plan, regular DR
exercise and create implementation plan for project roll out.
- Ensures adherence to bank and information systems policies and
procedures, security measures, vulnerability checks/resolutions and audit
- Documentation and improvements related to process related to
- Team player working with team of engineers with varied skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- 6 - 10 years of experience in
application/production support in LINUX/UNIX/Windows environment and third
party vendor products.
- 4+ years recent work experience in OBIEE infrastructure maintenance and
- Strong Experience in installing / upgrading OBIEE in Linux/Exalytics
- 4+ years of experience in Weblogic administration for OBIEE and / or
any other application.
- 4+ years of experience in Oracle SQL required for regular maintenance
- 6 - 10 years strong experience in shell scripting (required) and other
scripting tools such as batch, power shell, python etc. (preferable).
- Required prior Experience in configuring SSL and kerberos SSO
- Preferred knowledge on ETL Informatica/Pentaho
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Technology