APAC IT Security Project Manager
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
The APAC IT Security Project Manager is an individual contributor supports both technology and the business in providing end to end IT Security solution to ensure 1st class security capabilities.
Successful candidate would be able to demonstrate significant understanding of Information Security and have experience of in large organizations with experience in financial services.
• Provides Project Management capability to various parts of the wider IT Security team to ensure project goals are met and serves as the administrative liaison and single point of contact with the stakeholders
• Acts as the IT Security technical lead for accomplishing all assessments
• Allocates available resources against requirements within the available budget across change and BAU
• Responsible for working with business and technical teams to capture, refine, and document all deliverables
• Responsible for formulating and enforcing work standards, assigning contractor work schedules, and reviewing all work products and services
• Supervises contractor personnel, and communicates policies, purposes, and goals of the organization to subordinates
• Responsible for the management of the task order and the assigned staff
• Assisting Management on the security regulatory requirements in country
• Expected to provide IT Security expertise in planning, organizing, and prioritizing work, meeting deadlines, managing multiple tasks and maintaining fiscal responsibilities
• Conduct Security Testing and Evaluation to measure effectiveness of security control environment
• Identify vulnerabilities in security controls that could lead to a potential compromise of BNP Paribas data
• Serves as the lead for quality assurance for all deliverables
• Contribute to the Permanent Control framework for implementation of policies and procedures in day‐to‐day business activities, such as Control Plan.
• Comply with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines.
• Contribute to the reporting of all incidents according to the Incident Management System
Technical and Behavioral Competencies / Specific Qualifications (if required)
o Extensive knowledge and demonstration of experience of Information Technology, particularly those areas related to Information Security, Cyber Security, Cloud Computing, Big Data and Network Security Engineering
o Strong knowledge of the financial services area ﴾or other critical infrastructure areas﴿ with an emphasis on network / system / application engineering and information security preferred
o A proven ability to establish and sustain effective, professional relationships with Technology and Business; work closely with business partners to understand business drivers and market requirements; and provide leadership to the technology group in order to create the right security solutions for the market in the required time frames
o Experience deploying and maintaining critical, high‐availability security systems and managing and resolving associated security issues
o Experience and familiarity working across the global IT Security community
o High degree of technical complexity and conversancy; familiarity with complex global information security infrastructures preferred
o Experience with a wide array of security platforms, protocols, tools, and technologies
o Knowledge of/experience with international compliance requirements/standards and APAC regulation requirements
o Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication ﴾both written and verbal﴿ skills
o Ability to work in a dynamic environment. Must be flexible and quick to adapt to sudden changes and issues.
o Strong understanding of current industry infrastructure standards and practices, along with an engineering oriented background
o Regional exposure is preferred with experience working in different cultures in the Asia‐Pacific region and willingness to travel as and when required.
o Experience in common scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, LUA, Powershell or BASH
o Experience in at least one development languages: e.g. Java, C, C#, SQL, or similar
o Familiar with APAC Regulatory Cybersecurity requirements
o At least 8 years of experience in IT environment with at least 3 years in IT Risk & Security and Project Management
o Understanding and experience in Finance industry is a must ﴾2‐3 years’ experience in the financial industry﴿
o Degree in Computer Science or equivalent discipline
o Professional credentials such as ITIL-SM, ITGI, CGEIT, CISM, CISA or CISSP, including CISSP-ISSMP (v beneficial)
o Certified Project Management (v beneficial)
o Agile (optional)
o Fluency in English (Cantonese or French is a plus)
o Lean Six Sigma belt ﴾optional﴿