In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
Through an array of monitoring systems and tools, the Monitoring and Surveillance Officer would assist in the prevention and detection of market abuse that is an important function of the Market Integrity domain, helping to protect the bank from reputational and financial risk arising from its global banking and markets business.
• To conduct trade surveillance for Equities, Fixed Income and its derivatives for potential market misconduct.
• To assess adequacy of existing surveillance model, and propose new models to be in line with regulatory requirements and perform user acceptance testing the new models.
• To conduct electronic communications monitoring for potential market misconduct.
• To conduct manual monitoring for potential market manipulations and legal/regulatory violations.
• Ensure that all surveillance framework and processes are well maintained and kept relevant.
• Collate the necessary information on the M&S task for the preparation of periodic management reporting.
• Assist in ad-hoc requests and investigations from internal & external audit, regulator and etc.
• Managing other M&S related projects such as Outsourcing, Proof of Concept, etc.
• Keeping abreast of regulatory changes and market conditions/developments
Technical and Behavioral Competencies required
• Basic computer skills i.e. Microsoft office, etc.
• Able to work well both independently and in a team
• Able to work under tight timeline when required
• Maintain data confidentiality when working on classified projects, requests etc.
• Good interpersonal skills
Experience and Qualifications required
• Tertiary educated, preferably with a business-related degree.
• At least 8 years of working experience in the financial industry, preferably in the area of surveillance, compliance, audit or control.
Primary Location: SG-Singapore-SingaporeJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: COMPLIANCEEducation Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)Experience Level: At least 3 years
Behavioural competency: Ability to collaborate / Teamwork, Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving, Critical thinking, Ability to share / pass on knowledgeTransversal competency: Ability to understand, explain and support change