About BNP PARIBAS
As the leading European Union bank, and one of the world’s largest financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence in the region since 1860, BNP Paribas offers a wide range of financial services for corporate, institutional and private investors spanning corporate and institutional banking, wealth management, asset management and insurance.
We passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued and encourage applicants of all backgrounds, including diversity of origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion applicants who may be living with a disability. We have a number of internal employee networks in place to empower our staff to act and challenge the status quo.
• BNP Paribas PRIDE is highly active in favour of the LGBTQIA+ community
• BNP Paribas MixCity which fosters better representation of women at all levels of the organization
• Ability, the mutual aid network for employees with a disability or a disabling or chronic illness
• BNP Paribas CulturAll which celebrates diverse backgrounds
BNP is committed to financing a carbon-neutral economy by 2050. The Group is a founding member of the Net-Zero Banking Alliance and has set up its own Low Carbon Transition Group to support its clients through their energy transitions.
BNPP has won Top employer Europe award in a 10th consecutive year
APAC Network and Datacenter domain team is responsible for all Network, Telecom and Datacenters services across the APAC region in BNP Paribas.
This position responsibles for managing the Net infrastructure aspects related to power shutdowns in data centres and technical rooms, disaster recovery exercises and any other activities affecting the health of the network infrastructures
- Responsible for day to day support and project implementation on APAC Net infrastructure
- Responsible for managing the Net infrastructure aspects related to power shutdowns in data centres and technical rooms, disaster recovery exercises and any other activities affecting the health of the Net infrastructures
- Provide network design, solution deployment, and technical documentation for network and security related equipment such as Firewall, Load Balancer, IPS, proxy, Infoblox etc.
- Translates business requirements into technical designs that ensure availability, stability, scalability, security and ensure the solutions comply to Bank’s standard
- Participates in coordination with the Central architecture team to various initiatives such as Proof of Concepts, evaluations and tests. Assures those initiatives are coherent with the Regional constraints
- Understands the Regional business requirements, translates them and elaborates in coordination with the central engineering teams suitable technical solutions in line with the Global team’s Infrastructure standards.
- Must ensure staffing is sufficient and fully competent through recruitment, training and mentoring
- Ensure timely and comprehensive reports/updates to stakeholders whenever Net incidents occur.
- Must build a strong relationship with our internal customers in APAC and with vendors.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Advanced knowledge of network architecture design, implementation and support
- Practical experience in deploying network and security equipment, such as wireless infrastructure, firewalls, load balancers, proxies and Infoblox
- In-depth knowledge on firewall, F5 LTM, MacAfee proxy and Cisco ISE, Infoblox with strong deployment and troubleshooting experience.
- Strong technical background in managing Checkpoint and Fortinet firewalls in implementation and troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with network monitoring and troubleshooting/analysis tools, such as Solarwinds, Zabbix, Grafana, Micro Focus, WireShark, cPacket, ServOne etc.
- Proficiency in managing Checkpoint and Fortigate firewalls
- Familiarity with Market access across Asia Pacific, and ability to utilize network knowledge and experience to improve network infrastructure performance
- Working knowledge of ITIL framework
- Prepares the regional budget for the support and maintenance of the Net infrastructure area
- Build strong morale and fostering a positive work environment by conducting meaningful performance reviews, identify and facilitate career development within the team
- Good team and relationship builder with excellent communication skills at all levels
- Excellent documentation skills
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- 5+ years of experience in firewall, proxy, F5 deployment services, with minimum 2 years in finance industry
- Holder of CCSA/CCSE or CNE-4/CNE-5 is a strong “plus”
- Expertise in connectivity and HFT network infrastructure design, implementation and support
- Expertise in Firewall implementation and support
- Experience with Equity and high-frequency trading (HFT) infrastructure is preferred
- Client-oriented, strong communication and organization skills
- Expertise in PMI methodology
- Ability to work under pressure
- Fluency in English (Mandarin and/or French are a ‘plus’)