In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
The Performance Steering role comprises the following main missions:
• Act as a finance business partner and produce performance management reporting and indicators to support the various Business Lines and Functions as well as the APAC Regional Head in analyzing and steering their performance
• Animate the forecasting process (Forecast and Budget) and support Business Lines and Functions
The purpose of this role is to collaborate with and accompany Hong Kong BP2S management and domains with their evolution and piloting needs.
Being part of the Regional team, this role will also contribute to the successful delivery of the APAC performance steering activities, reporting to and providing full support to the Head of APAC BP2S Performance steering, based in Hong Kong.
From an APAC booking perspective, BP2S has presence in 6 locations namely Australasia (AU + NZ), Hong Kong, Singapore, India, China and Japan.
- Hong Kong BP2S management and teams
- APAC BP2S client lines and domains
- Central and APAC Finance teams
- Internal Audit (IG), on an adhoc basis
Performance Management Control & Reporting
• Review and control the reporting data quality, providing onshore oversight of and support to the ISPL production teams on the month-end closing
• Prepare analysis and add meaningful commentary for the monthly Business Review
• Complete other specific management reporting such as Flash revenues / results, quarterly Headcount variation analysis for APAC management and Central Finance
• Contribute proactively to the review, maintenance and optimisation of reporting production
• Organise regular reviews with the Hong Kong BP2S management to present the financials
• Ensure good coordination with the Chief of Staff Office, contributing to forums in order to understand business evolution and needs
Forecast / Budget
• Organize and animate the Budget exercise and other regular reviews
• Support the preparation of the Budget presentation at various stages of the Budget cycle
Client Profitability, Deal profitability analysis (“3P”), Unit costing
• Be responsible for regular reporting and analysis of client revenues
• Be responsible for the yearly reporting and analysis of client profitability
• Support the Metier with the yearly Unit costing exercise according to global methodology, in close collaboration with the relevant business owners and acting as liaison between the Metier and Central Finance
• Perform the operational FTE costs calculations on an annual basis according to global methodology
• Be the back-up for the review of the Finance assumptions for 3P deal analysis in conjunction with the BP2S APAC CAO
• Coordinate with the BP2S HK outsourcing team on new SLA / TPAs in relation to the invoicing methodology and revenue/cost allocation requirements
• Contribute to transversal projects such as new system migration
Contribute to internal BNPP permanent control framework.
Technical & Behavioural Competencies
• Banking experience and knowledge on Securities services products and CIB processes
• Excellent skills in Excel/ Powerpoint / Data visualisation techniques and proficiency in other MS Office applications
• Good understanding of accounting concepts
• Proficient with numbers
• Solid collaboration skills
• Good communication and story-telling skills, client-oriented attitude
• Strong analytical skills, proactive, and autonomous
• Meticulous and control mindset
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent
• Financial background
• 3+ years of Management Accounting experience or similar, in banking industry preferred
• Fluent in English
• Certified accountant is a plus