In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
Assist the South & South-East Asia team in marketing and executing ECM transactions covering both pure equity transactions (such as IPOs, Rights Issuances, Follow-On Offerings, Block Placements) and structured equity transactions (such as Convertible Bonds, Exchangeable Bonds)
• Deal Origination: Identify potential clients, devise a pitching plan, prepare high-quality and client-ready ECM pitch materials
• Deal Management: Assist with the overall execution of ECM transactions, including drafting marketing materials for the client, devising marketing strategy, coordinating investor meetings & feedback, documentation, demand generation and pricing, allocation & settlement
• Market Awareness: Stay abreast of market developments and transactions executed to get a sense of ECM pricing, demand, distribution and pipeline in the market
• Internal Processes: Assist in updating pipeline reports, deal databases and other internal administrative items
• Team Development: Work well with team members and seek to train and grow junior resources and supplement / aid senior resources
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Reasonable understanding of capital markets and forces at play
• ECM execution understanding: origination, documentation, marketing, pricing & settlement
• Excellent communication skills, analytical ability and organizational skills
• Highly motivated, team-player
Specific Qualifications (if required)
• 4 – 8 years of experience
• Prior experience in ECM deals at investment banks, private equity firms or corporate finance teams