APAC Documentation - Senior Associate
About BNP Paribas Group:
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, it provides clients with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs, and continues to develop its franchise in the region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Business line/Function:
Global Market Operations (GMO) covers Front Office activities such as ALM/Treasury, Fixed Income booking, Equity. GMO consists of 3 streams, Control and Investigations, Settlement and Confirmations. GMO teams are also in regular contact with Capital Market Middle Office, Regional Back Office’s and Regional Finance.
The officer will be in charge of confirmation drafting on Equity liaising with sales, trading, relationship managers, trade processing team and legal team.
Its Primary responsibilities are to perform day-to-day trade confirmation drafting and execution
The team works closely with other Trade Processing teams and Front Office to ensure timely communication for any non –executed confirmations
Also in the light of EMIR regulation and risk reduction, the target is to match all confirmations within one day and globally to reduce the outstanding confirmations delay.
To draft confirmations with counterparts for wide range of Products including Vanilla Options, Equities Swaps, Variance Swaps, Knock-out Forwards, Exotic Swaps, Exotic Options etc. on Equity products
- To perform final verification of the trade economics before sending the final confirmation to counterparts
- To support secondary events during the product life cycle such as Novation, Early Termination, etc.
- To closely comply with EMIR, FED and Dodd-Franck regulation
- To follow up any type of amendments requests
- Draft and validate ISDA/AFB confirmations by referencing booking systems and term sheets for both financial institutions and corporate clients
- Ensure confirmations are sent or suppressed in accordance with procedure
- Ensure accurate completion of drafting tasks within the internal service level agreements, client requirement and regulatory timelines
- Prepare draft confirmations for potential trades as necessary
- Ensure all correspondences are indexed into system to allow for future data retrieval
Bring Direct contribution to BNPP operational permanent control framework
Minimize operational failure, including but not exclusively the risk of fraud by helping to devise and by implementing sufficient regular controls
Ensure appropriate escalation to management and/or permanent control (or compliance as appropriate) as soon as an issue is identified.
Ensure that documentation controls are done daily, comments detailed clearly, and be responsible for reliability of records
Contribute to the quality of the team by:
- keeping personal training up to date
- highlighting processing improvement opportunities
- assisting in the training of new entrants
Comply with internal and external regulatory and compliance requirements
Comply with the BNPP IT Security policies
Anti-Money Laundering / Financial Sanctions “AML/FS”) related duties: Operations are an integral part of the control framework including for AML/FS topics. In that respect, in performing your role you are expected to ensure adherence to AML/FS related Group Policies and execution of associated operational controls, and to promptly escalate any resulting hit for analysis and decision
Key results areas:
- Customer Services
To be customer-focused and maintain a high quality services standard
- Permanent Control Aspects
Direct contribution to BNPP operational permanent control framework.
Contribute to the implementation of operational permanent control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities, such as Control Plan.
Comply with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines.
Do regular regulatory reports.