BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
Analytics Consulting (AC) is a team within BNP Paribas focused on providing Business Intelligence and Artificial Intelligence solutions and revolutionize the CIB-wide consumption of data and analytics. If you want to work in a challenging data engineering environment with a transversal team, supporting analytically oriented tasks, data integration or dashboarding, please apply.
Role and Responsibilities
BNP Paribas is looking for a dynamic individual to work as a Support Analyst for the AC team in its Lisbon office, aiming to resolve customers’ technical problems and extend their understanding of AC solutions.
The Business Intelligence support will provide front-line technical support to end-users and promote the most efficient use of analytical tools developed by AC, helping in maximizing CIB entities’ understanding of customers, products, services and operations. The applicant must have excellent problem solving skills in order to diagnose, evaluate and resolve complex problem situations, or escalate and route them accordingly. In addition, the Business Intelligence support needs to understand the organization, have an analytical mind-set and be comfortable working with large datasets, as AC solutions are developed to expose massive sources of information to end-users.
- Act as first-line support and manage stakeholder requests on deployed solutions.
- Resolving queries from end-users with respect to the systems supported, including but not limited to data inconsistencies, systems disruption and permissioning issues.
- Troubleshoot system and application problems, diagnosing root causes and identifying solutions, to prevent future occurrence.
- Liaise with both Infrastructure owners and Development teams in order to convey and escalate issues.
- Produce organized, detailed and informative support documentation to develop user knowledge of tools, addressing common concerns and uncertainties.
- Thoroughly create and update documentation related to support requests and respective resolutions, contributing to proper issue tracking and solid knowledge base of user problems.
- Collaborate with clients to better understand their operational and strategic needs in terms of data analysis, organizing, specifying and modelling the requirements clearly. Work on branding and communications of projects.
- Support in analysing and interpreting data for a Key Performance Indicators (KPI) analysis to support decision-making process.
- Implement releases, upgrades, and/or changes into the environment.
- Support and lead transversalities across Analytics Consulting team.
- Business school or university degree graduate, with information management computer science, engineering or related fields
- Excellent analytical skills and an informed evidence-based approach
- Strong ability to think outside of the box and to provide robust solutions to daily problems
- Familiarity with data-intensive applications
- Comfort in working with numbers: rigour, analytical mind-set, ability to interpret numbers and synthesize
- Ability to communicate complex logical constructs in simple and intuitive ways
- Knowledge of databases and associated tools (Access, SQL, etc) preferred
- Knowledge of Extract, Transformation and Load (ETL) tools preferred
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence data visualization tools (Tableau) preferred
- Some knowledge of corporate and institutional products would be useful
- Knowledge of programming languages is a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, namely in client engagement
- Customer-oriented and strong customer service ethos
- Business awareness
- Structured, systematic thinking and approach to solve problems
- Ability to work in a fast paced growing environment with speed and accuracy while maintaining attention to detail
- Fluent English; French and Portuguese are a plus
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.