BNP Paribas is one of the euro zone’s leading banks and a world top player in the banking sector, strongly positioned in its two core businesses - Retail Banking and Corporate & Institutional Banking - and present worldwide with over 193.000 employees in 74 countries. BNP Paribas has completed 32 years of presence in Portugal and is one of the largest foreign institutions in the country with more than 4500 employees.
Recently BNP Paribas established a European finance operations centre in Lisbon, with 235 positions, and part of the Group Finance function. Group Finance Services (“GFS”) is responsible for compiling and processing accounting and financial information in order to ensure the publication of financial information and to provide Executive Management with the necessary information for the entire Group’s financial management. It is also responsible for the design, deployment and evolution of financial information systems.
Within Group Finance Services, we are looking for Analytical Accounting Controls Analysts to join the Lisbon team in charge of the analytical accounting controls on a scope that covers BNP Paribas SA and some subsidiaries.
Analytical accounting controls are made in dedicated systems which provide financial controllers and finance reporting teams with monthly profitability indicators to monitor the activity of the bank.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As an Analytical Accounting Controls Analyst, your main activities are to:
• Perform analytical accounting controls:
• Ensure daily and monthly controls on management data and its allocation to restitution axis
• Perform controls between general accounting data and analytical accounting data
• Identify actions to resolve identified discrepancies
• Perform analysis of discrepancies and unexpected results, root to the relevant stakeholders according to the issue typology
• Document data quality checks and provide KPIs/ Dashboards of production flows to the Management and to the Clients
• Contribute to continuous improvement of processes (controls, restitution and synthesis)
• Provide first and second level of support to end-users
• University degree is preferential
• Experience as an Accounting or Control Analyst
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• Fluent in English (B2 Level minimum; CECRL certificate)
• Knowledge of French is a plus
• Rigorous and organized
• Interpersonal and customer orientation skills
• Pro-active behaviour regarding the ability to work in a fast changing and demanding environment
• At ease with multi-tasking
• Ability to simplify complex information in a clearly organized and visually interesting manner
• Strong analytical mind, problem solving, planning & organisation skills
• Availability: Up to 2 months of training abroad