MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
ALM Treasury is a Transversal Activity within BNP Paribas Group. ALM Treasury has three operational responsibilities and two prudential mandates. The three operational responsibilities are the management of the Group's liquidity position, the management of the interest rate risk in the banking book and the management of the foreign exchange risks. The prudential mandates refer to the liquidity risks linked to the Group’s profile and geographical presence, for which ALM Treasury exercises a responsibility similar to a Group function. ALM Treasury’s mandates consist in assessing the liquidity risks of the Group and protecting the Group’s signature. ALM Treasury North America (ALMT NA) oversees the Combined US Operations and the Canadian activities of BNP Paribas. The Production, Analytics & Standards is one of ALMT NA operational pole in which the Metrics and Monitoring Actuals team contributes to the AMLT mandate.
The Metrics and Monitoring Actuals team
Within ALMT NA, the Metrics and Monitoring Actuals is a newly created team in Montreal. The team has the main responsibilities of producing reports, forecasts, evolution reviews and actuals metrics to support analytics, strategy, steering and front office to perform their missions. The team’s production can serve both internal and regulatory needs and encompass the following key metrics and report:
• Balance Sheets
• Internal liquidity Stress Tests
• Intraday liquidity
• Cash Flow Forecasting
• Collateral monitoring
• Contingency Funding Plan Early Warning Indicators
• Risk Appetite Statements on liquidity risk
• Other Management Reports (Funding Initiatives, CIB Corporate ALMT, Marketing etc.)
The candidate will contribute to the team’s success in the following tasks:
• Contribute to the production and monitoring of the metrics described above
• Contribute to the preparation various management forum materials
• Improve the current processes documentations with redaction of desktop procedure and risk control matrix
• Contribute to the automation of key metrics and consistency check with manual tools
• Production of ad-hoc analysis or reports
• Developing a strong relationship with key stakeholders
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Undergraduate degree with an emphasis in finance or economics
• Up to 2 years’ experience in the financial services industry
• Experience in ALM Treasury
• Understanding of the broker/dealer business, wholesale banking business and/or retail banking
• CFA or CPA designation an advantage
• Knowledge of python language
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
• Strong problem solving skills, curiosity and willingness to learn
• Verbal and written communication skills in both French and English
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel including VBA coding
• Understanding of the balance sheet mechanism
• Comfortable in a complex IT environment
• Organized and autonomous
• Ability to work well with others in a fast paced environment
• Availability to travel
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.