About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas Group
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 75 countries, with more than 189,000 employees, including more than 146,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking
Fully integrated in the BNP Paribas Group, BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading provider of solutions to two client franchises: corporates and institutional, and operates across EMEA (Europe Middle East Africa), APAC (Asia Pacific) and the Americas. The bank is a global leader in Debt Capital Markets and Derivatives. It is a top European house in Equity Capital Markets and it has leading franchises in Specialized Financing. In Securities Services, it is a top five House worldwide. BNP Paribas CIB strives to service the global economy by providing solutions to its clients in financing (ECM, DCM, specialized financing), flow banking (trade finance and cash management), financial advisory (M&A, project finance), global markets (interest rates, credit, foreign exchange, equity derivatives), risk management, and securities services.
Middle Office Operations provides trade and settlement support services to asset management clients in line with established operational procedures and client agreements. A Middle Office Alpha 2 team Analyst is responsible for the capture and matching of client cash, security and derivative trade activity whilst ensuring valid instructions are sent to the market and accounting platforms. This role has a focus on middle office processing from trade capture to matching to reconciliation. BNP Paribas Middle Office US is part of a global operations offering supporting our clients in all major markets. US Market experience is required. European and AsiaPac market knowledge is a plus.
- Perform timely and accurate recording and settlement of trades; resolve any trade discrepancies
- Ensure all trades are confirmed on trade date
- Interface with custodian, brokers and clients on confirmation and/or settlement issues
- Master firms technology systems
- Complete daily operational reporting & controls; identify risk trends
- Respond to all queries within current business day
- Ensure middle office operations’ effective achievement of best in class client service and top tier risk management.
- Pro-actively identify and progress opportunities to enhance straight-through processing and improve efficiency in operations
- Provide support to other middle office groups on all trade related queries
Minimum required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Finance, Economics or Accounting or related field
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrate a calm, logical approach to all situations
- Ability to multitask and to work under pressure, prioritizing duties according to risk
- Ability to interact with very demanding stakeholders, managing their expectations whilst developing strong working relationships and bank standards
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; notably the ability to clearly articulate issues and influence resolution
- Self-motivated, energetic, and intellectually curious individual who is able to deliver with minimal supervision, whilst also working effectively as part of a team
- Valid passport required, as there is potential to travel abroad within the first month.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in Middle Office Operations
- Extensive knowledge of Aladdin functionality and workflows, preferred
- Extensive knowledge of fixed income, equity, and derivative instruments
- Proficient with trade order management systems and Bloomberg
- Strong understanding of transaction lifecycle
- Strong understanding of derivatives trade lifecycle
FINRA Registrations Required:
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.